Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling All F2A's (Spouses & Children of Permanent Residents)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aug Bulletin???

Hi all F2A's,
    A poster on another forum said she called NVC to ask about her case. She was told that the Aug bulletin would show our category's PD moving to March 2009. I don't know how reliable the information is but I can't help being excited!

"Hi Guys,
    So I called NVC this morning to check they received my AOS and DS-230, they told they received it but not updated in the system. There was no update for AUGUST BULLETIN, when I asked them they said the next
    Bulletin is for AUGUST is MARCH 2009 2A, I was excited cuz mine is Feb 2009, so I thaught I share with you all.
    Good Luck."

Comment

My PD is april 2008 , still my case is not approved .. In january i got a letter stating that my case has been sent to the nbc .. im an lpr and i have applied for my minor son under f2a category .. what should i do ?

Comment

Originally posted by ritzee View Post
        My PD is april 2008 , still my case is not approved .. In january i got a letter stating that my case has been sent to the nbc .. im an lpr and i have applied for my minor son under f2a category .. what should i do ?
        Hi ritzee,

Thanks for posting.

Did you try calling the NVC on 603-334-0700?

Let us know what happens.

Good luck.

Comment

umm ..

Originally posted by visjig View Post
          Hi ritzee,

Thanks for posting.

Did you try calling the NVC on 603-334-0700?

Let us know what happens.

Good luck.
          My case has not been approved by USCIS yet ..so i think there is no point in contacting NVC . Do have an idea of what must have happened?

Comment

Originally posted by ritzee View Post
            My case has not been approved by USCIS yet ..so i think there is no point in contacting NVC . Do have an idea of what must have happened?
            Guessing would just be insane on my part. I would suggest that you phone up USCIS and then if not satisfied get an Infopass appointment if you are in the USA.

I hope you have the phone number of USCIS.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Comment

My daughter is in F2b (although she got a letter from the NVC with her case no. stating she is F2A - then when we called them they said she is under F2B) PD is June 2006. F2B line has moved almost a year in the last 2 months. We are waiting for the Aug 2010 visa bulletin to see how far the line has moved

Hi to All,

The F3's (Married Sons and Daughters of Citizens) category have done this and it is so informative that I would like to ask all people in the F2A (Spouses & Children of Permanent Residents) and F2B (Unmarried Sons and Daughters [21 years of age or older]) category to start contributing to this thread and post their PDs with progress made so far in their journey for receiving their immigrant visas.

I will start with my own PD which is 29July2008. I am spouse of PR. I am a UK citizen and currently in the UK.

The current date as per VB is 01Jan2008. The current date has moved nearly 19 months in the past two months. So I am hoping in the July or August VB, my PD will become current.

Comment

F2A Category...awaiting interview

Hi all
                I am in F2A Category as my husband is a green card holder. My PD is February 2007 and i was notified by NVC in january 2010 to fill in Choice of agant forms and pay some fees. Getting the required civil documents took some time and my case was finally closed on the 21st of april 2010. I made a request to change my interview location to london as i reside now in london and my case was reopened again. It took them a while to close my case back on the 30th of june 2010 and now i am awaiting my interview date. Its been a very challenging and frustrating journey and i just want to encourage all of us. I will keep you posted when i get my interview date!!!
                Goodluck to all of us!!

Comment

Originally posted by mid View Post
                  Hi all
                  I am in F2A Category as my husband is a green card holder. My PD is February 2007 and i was notified by NVC in january 2010 to fill in Choice of agant forms and pay some fees. Getting the required civil documents took some time and my case was finally closed on the 21st of april 2010. I made a request to change my interview location to london as i reside now in london and my case was reopened again. It took them a while to close my case back on the 30th of june 2010 and now i am awaiting my interview date. Its been a very challenging and frustrating journey and i just want to encourage all of us. I will keep you posted when i get my interview date!!!
                  Goodluck to all of us!!
                  Hi Welcome. Thanks for posting.

I am in London as well. My I-864 will be going soon and then DS-230 will be following it. Just waiting for some documents for DS-230.

Keep us posted.

Good luck.

Comment

i have recieved the approval notice in third week of May but still on USCIS website the status of my case is not changed and automated system at USCIS give me a same information as mentioned in the website (RFE)

Comment

Originally posted by Barikhan View Post
                      i have recieved the approval notice in third week of May but still on USCIS website the status of my case is not changed and automated system at USCIS give me a same information as mentioned in the website (RFE)
                      Can you be more specific? What is the status of your case on the USCIS website?

Comment

Can you be more specific? What is the status of your case on the USCIS website?

The USCIS website shows Request for Evidence but in May 2010 I have recieved the approval notice from USCIS.

Comment

Originally posted by mid View Post
                          Hi all
                          Goodluck to all of us!!
                          Hi thanks for sharing your story
                          I had a question. When you say your PD was 2007 do you mean that you applied in 2007 or your I-130 was approved in 2007? just wanted some details as to how long its taking for the USCIS to approve your I-130 and how long its taking for NVC to process the case. Thank you so much
                          I am in the process of sending my husband's petition. Its so frustrating having to wait for years just to unite with your spouse and having your life on hold. Also if anyone could answer the following question: My husband is in the process of extending his visa for where he lives (UK) so I wanted to know that when I send in his passport's copy with his I-130 do I need to send in a copy of his visa (which means I have to wait till his passport comes back with the visa before sending his I-130) or should I just send a letter stating that his visa extention is in pending?
                          thank you and please keep posting your timelines and updates for F2A!

Comment

Originally posted by sahsan View Post
                            Hi thanks for sharing your story
                            I had a question. When you say your PD was 2007 do you mean that you applied in 2007 or your I-130 was approved in 2007? just wanted some details as to how long its taking for the USCIS to approve your I-130 and how long its taking for NVC to process the case. Thank you so much
                            I am in the process of sending my husband's petition. Its so frustrating having to wait for years just to unite with your spouse and having your life on hold.
                            Hi there. Thanks for posting. Well Priority Date, Receipt date and Notice date for I-130 will all be different. Just keep your eye on the Visa bulletin as dates are moving very fast recently. Maybe in next couple of months it will be 2010 processing!!!!! Have a look here as well https://www.immihelp.com/family-base...on-procedures/

Also if anyone could answer the following question: My husband is in the process of extending his visa for where he lives (UK) so I wanted to know that when I send in his passport's copy with his I-130 do I need to send in a copy of his visa (which means I have to wait till his passport comes back with the visa before sending his I-130) or should I just send a letter stating that his visa extension is in pending?
                            There is no need to send the photocopy of the visa of UK with I-130. Also no need to send any letter explaining any details about pending UK visa application.

Is your husband going to do his consular processing from the UK? or somewhere else?

thank you and please keep posting your timelines and updates for F2A!
                            [B]Most of us have updated our timelines in the trackers for I-130 and Consular processing tracker. Please have a look here http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/ and also update yours when you have one!!!!!!

Keep us posted. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Good luck.
                            Last edited by visjig; 07-22-2010, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jlev4 View Post
                              From receiving the Choice of Agent forms to submitting the DS-230 took only 10 days.

We emailed Choice of Agent and paid I-864 fee online, printed the cover letter 2 days later (when it showed as paid) and mailed the I-864, paid the DS-230 fee (IV fee) online, printed the cover letter 2 days later and mailed the DS-230.

I know it seems early for me to have gotten this far when the PD is 3/15/2009 but I'm hopeful.

Just to give an update on our case - it was completed by NVC on 7/9/2010.

(For details see quote above. Also, the DS-230 was mailed to nvc on 6/25/2010. The sign-in failed for me on 7/17/2010.)

Comment

Originally posted by jlev4 View Post
                                Just to give an update on our case - it was completed by NVC on 7/9/2010.

(For details see quote above. Also, the DS-230 was mailed to nvc on 6/25/2010. The sign-in failed for me on 7/17/2010.)
                                Wow. Good news.

My DS-230 has been sent by courier on 07/20/2010. And I-864 was sent this Monday as well. Hoping that NVC completes by end of July and my sign-in fails soon!!! Never been so happy about a "login" to fail!!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X