Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should i really ask for interview transfer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should i really ask for interview transfer ?

Hi..i hav recently recieved the checklist cover letter askin me to submit ds230. The problem is my company is transfering me to london. And i was planning to request nvc to transfer my case to london while all this is happening..as i will be based on workpermit in uk.

However I can come for my visa interview back to mumbai..its not a problem for me. Guys please advise what shud i do..ask for a interview transfer which will involve getting a new case number etc...? My i864 from sponsors are already approved..and I m so confused that if i seek interview transfer there would be another month or 2 delay..

agm

mehta saheb,

once again as we had discussed earlier and it was my opinion that you should not change the interview embassy. Just keep things as they are and attend the interview in Mumbai as you are very well able to. It will save you time and all the trouble to go through to change the embassy location esp now all your documents have been approved and ready to go.

Good luck.

Comment

visjig bhai thank you for your response..
      hopefully i get leaves to comeback and collect my gc packet from mumbai

agm

Comment

I Concurr with other posters, just attend the interview at Mumbai and do avoid moving stuff so late in the process.

Do remember that once you get you GC package you have to enter the US within 6 months, after that you will be mailed your GC within 90 days at the US address. Also subsequent to this you have to live 6 months a year to maintain you permenant residency in the US.

Consider these factors as to how you will handle all these.
        Last edited by Xkuger; 07-15-2010, 10:05 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

xkuger,
          thanks for your reply. I think its wise to attend in my interview in mumbai.
          Well i live an expat life..I am into investment banking.working for US based I-Bank in mumbai..(now relocating to UK). I have read that if the company you work for is a US based public company then the requirement to maintain domicile is not needed..as long as i file US taxes..(my company helps me in filing taxes) ie i can stay outside the US and still maintain domicile status of US. I will apply for re-entry permit once i reach. Probably next yr..will get US base. Your suggestions are welcome..(nothing better then getting perm transfer to US...)

agm

Comment

Originally posted by mehta_agm1979 View Post
            xkuger,
            thanks for your reply. I think its wise to attend in my interview in mumbai.
            Well i live an expat life..I am into investment banking.working for US based I-Bank in mumbai..(now relocating to UK). I have read that if the company you work for is a US based public company then the requirement to maintain domicile is not needed..as long as i file US taxes..(my company helps me in filing taxes) ie i can stay outside the US and still maintain domicile status of US. I will apply for re-entry permit once i reach. Probably next yr..will get US base. Your suggestions are welcome..(nothing better then getting perm transfer to US...)

agm
            Just want to run a quick detail by you.......... you have said that you work for a US based public company which is into investment banking.......... is that considered a public sector company? I thought these investment banks are all privately owned even though majority of them have been funded by taxpayers money in recent times!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by visjig View Post
              Just want to run a quick detail by you.......... you have said that you work for a US based public company which is into investment banking.......... is that considered a public sector company? I thought these investment banks are all privately owned even though majority of them have been funded by taxpayers money in recent times!!!!!!!
              visjig bhai..i meant to say its a company listed on NYSE.
              Thanks for catchin it though...it is pvt (i am going mad in all this documentation process and with my packing at the sametime.)
              ha..agree funded by tax payers. Times were and are turbulent ..we are not out of the woods yet..lets market take its own course..and live this forum for discussin immigration issues bhai.

agm

Comment

visjig bhai..i meant to say its a company listed on NYSE.
                Thanks for catching it though...it is pvt (i am going mad in all this documentation process and with my packing at the sometime.)
                ha..agree funded by tax payers. Times were and are turbulent ..we are not out of the woods yet..lets market take its own course..and live this forum for discussing immigration issues bhai.

agm
                Mehta saheb,

My intent was not to catch you out but more as to make you aware as you had said that you'll use your current employment in London/Mumbai to establish domicile in USA after your GC is issued, I wanted to make sure that your company will not qualify as a public sector company for which you work outside US. The only thing that will help protect your GC for absences outside US for more than 6 months and less than 2 years is your re-entry permit. And to my knowledge you shall have to prove your domicile in the US, i.e., show that you have maintained ties to the US while staying out in London/Mumbai.

Yeah certainly we shall leave this forum for pure immigration issues and discuss "investment bankers and their deeds" when you come to London over a pint of beer!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.

Good luck.

Comment

emailed nvc to change interview post

My freinds visjig and xkuger,
                  I had no choice but to ask nvc if i they can change my interview post to london as i am forseeing dificulties in getting leaves for mumbai. Also i came to know that we have to submit our passport and other civil docs 10-7 days Business days before interview. This was really not feasible for me and hence i had no choice but to ask them if they can transfer the file to london..
                  Sent them an email and also came to know from them that they have recieved my ds230 forms and are currently reviewing the same.
                  I hope they assist me in this process

agm

Comment

My freinds visjig and xkuger,
                    I had no choice but to ask nvc if i they can change my interview post to london as i am forseeing dificulties in getting leaves for mumbai. Also i came to know that we have to submit our passport and other civil docs 10-7 days Business days before interview. This was really not feasible for me and hence i had no choice but to ask them if they can transfer the file to london..
                    Sent them an email and also came to know from them that they have recieved my ds230 forms and are currently reviewing the same.
                    I hope they assist me in this process

agm
                    Finally you have done the transfer. Make sure you followup with NVC to confirm your consular processing post has been changed from Mumbai to London. Call them up and maybe speak to NVC people.

Also keep an eye out for any post from NVC/US Embassy at your India address as well. Maybe something comes at your place when you are in London.

Good luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X