Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided. Please use at your own risk. Do not post anything you don't want publicly visible.

Track greencard/visa apps
Immihelp Tracker
Help Others
Share Experiences
Instant Quotes & Purchase
Visitor Medical Insurance
Travel Companion
Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1

    Default I-129 document for H4 visa


    I saw on this website requirement for I-129 document for H4 applicant. I currently dont have this document with me I only have I-797.
    I am on H1 visa.

    My wife has interview in few days. Is this doc really required.

    I checked the VFS site and there they have written this:

    "Blanket L1 applicants must carry the original I-129 and a copy of the Notice of Action I-797."

    Please advice if it is really need it and will I-797 not be enough. Also, if i dont have I-129 can we submit this doc later if asked.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009


    I-797 approval notice of the primary applicant is enough for H4 stamping. You can always get a copy of I-129 from your employer.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts