Need urgent help - First time travel to US in H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need urgent help - First time travel to US in H1B

i am travelling to US for first time in H1b visa. One of my project colleague is coming with me in the same flight. I am travelling to madison. As you all know, H1b visa has a Labor Condition Application (LCA) form where there is a City name mentioned. you are allowed only to work in the city mewntioned in the LCA form. For me it is madison. but I have a question here?

My flight is from chennai - delhi. after that delhi to chicago. From chicago, we are planning to go in bus to madison. Whether i will be allowed in the port of entry in US to travel in bus from chicago to madison, since i am travelling in H1b visa and the city is madison in my LCA form.

yes, that is fine.

I don't think there are direct flights to Madison, WI from India.

Chicago, IL is a major international airport in the U.S. and many people traveling to the midwest land at Chicago, IL.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

in fact, there is a direct flight from chicago to madison. But since this is my first time to US, i want to travel with my project colleague. He is going in bus from chicago to madison but he has L1 visa. The issue is with me since i got H1b visa.

I want a suggestion which is the best option, which will not be any problem for me?

1. Travelling to madison from chicago in flight? or
      2. travelling from chicago to madison in bus with my project colleague, and show proof of online bus ticket at port of entry of chicago.

Comment

I didn't say that there are no flight from Chicago to Madison. I said Madison is not a major international airport.

You can travel however you like, once you land in the U.S. There is no problem if you travel by bus.

Stop worrying unnecessarily.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Once again, thank you very much for quick reply.

Comment

First time traveller, visa expires in 2 months, can i travel.

Visa will expire in Nov20th 2017.
            I am raising the for the LCA(Amendment) on sept 22nd.
            Suppose if the amendment process completes(Sending to the USIC) on 22 October, will i be allowed to travel to US ? (Not even a month left).

Once i go there, i will apply for Premium extension which will take only 10 days. But, will i be allowed inside US is the question.

Comment

Originally posted by balajiatyou View Post
              i am travelling to US for first time in H1b visa. One of my project colleague is coming with me in the same flight. I am travelling to madison. As you all know, H1b visa has a Labor Condition Application (LCA) form where there is a City name mentioned. you are allowed only to work in the city mewntioned in the LCA form. For me it is madison. but I have a question here?

My flight is from chennai - delhi. after that delhi to chicago. From chicago, we are planning to go in bus to madison. Whether i will be allowed in the port of entry in US to travel in bus from chicago to madison, since i am travelling in H1b visa and the city is madison in my LCA form.
              It should be fine.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X