Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B expiring:Need to apply schengen visa from US ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B expiring:Need to apply schengen visa from US ..

Hi,
    Background:
    My current H1B stamped on passport is expiring in Sept 25th 2011 though i have ext I797 till 2013. I am leaving for India on sept 2 2011 for visa stamping and while coming back i want to visit France.

query:
    Since schengen visa requires 3 month validity of stamped US visa, I have no idea what to show them as my eligibility? In the following website its clearly written "pre-approval notices for US visas will be declined". Please help? or send similar experiences and the outcomes so that i can be prepared..

appendix:
    "The US residen status should be still valid at least 3 months after the last day of stay in the shengen area "

You can apply for a new extended US Visa while in India and then apply for France visa from India.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Did you get the visa? I'm in the same situation and want to know what to do.

Originally posted by mudit View Post
      Hi,
      Background:
      My current H1B stamped on passport is expiring in Sept 25th 2011 though i have ext I797 till 2013. I am leaving for India on sept 2 2011 for visa stamping and while coming back i want to visit France.

query:
      Since schengen visa requires 3 month validity of stamped US visa, I have no idea what to show them as my eligibility? In the following website its clearly written "pre-approval notices for US visas will be declined". Please help? or send similar experiences and the outcomes so that i can be prepared..

appendix:
      "The US residen status should be still valid at least 3 months after the last day of stay in the shengen area "
      Hey,

Did your Schengen visa get approved? I'm in a similar position where my H-1B has been approved, but not stamped (I was on F1 before that). I am going to India in December to get my H-1B stamped and want to visit Germany on my way back to US. I have my Schengen visa appointment in a couple of weeks, and was wondering if my H-1B Approval Notice will be enough for them. If not, what else do they need? What are my other options?

Please advise!

Thanks,
      Nihar

Comment

Originally posted by nihar703 View Post
        Hey,

Did your Schengen visa get approved? I'm in a similar position where my H-1B has been approved, but not stamped (I was on F1 before that). I am going to India in December to get my H-1B stamped and want to visit Germany on my way back to US. I have my Schengen visa appointment in a couple of weeks, and was wondering if my H-1B Approval Notice will be enough for them. If not, what else do they need? What are my other options?

Please advise!

Thanks,
        Nihar
        Hi,

Do you have any updates on this? Did you receive your Schengen visa with the H-1B approval but not that stamp while applying from the US? Or did you have to apply from India? I am in a similar situation and wanted to know how to prepare for the visa appointment with France.

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X