Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided. Please use at your own risk. Do not post anything you don't want publicly visible.

Track greencard/visa apps
Immihelp Tracker
Help Others
Share Experiences
Instant Quotes & Purchase
Visitor Medical Insurance
Travel Companion
Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Question Can my father drive my car in USA


    This is my first post here and I hope to get answers pretty soon.
    My father has Indian driver's license. He is visiting me for 3 moths in California.
    I would like to know if he is eligible to drive my car and can I add him to my auto insurance. I know that people on tourist Visas (B1/B2) can rent vehicles but what I am asking here is whether he can drive my own vehicle and whether he qualifies to be added to my auto insurance.
    Please let me know.


  2. #2


    Drive - Ask your local DMV what their latest rule is.
    Insurance - Ask your insurance company what their rule is.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

    Visa and Greencard Tracker

    Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

  3. #3

    Default Thanks

    Thanks Immihelp.
    I am in CA does that mean the DMV allows it?
    Can anyone confirm?


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008


    Check out CA DMV website. Most probably he can drive it.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

  5. #5


    Thanks i will check

  6. #6

    Default Yes driving is allowed

    Quote from DMV.ca.org
    "If you are a visitor in California over 18 and have a valid driver license from your home state or country, you may drive in this state without getting a California driver license as long as your home state license remains valid."

    Refer: http://dmv.ca.gov/dl/dl_info.htm


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts