Visa Stamping in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Stamping in Canada

I went to US in 2006 on F1 and from 2008 I am on H1 and then i came to India for my H1 Stamping and I got rejected.I applied to F1 again for MBA program and got rejected. I am planning to go to canada on F1 and then go to US F1 stamping in Canada...Can I go to US F1 visa stamping in canada for subsequent stamping as I have my first F1 approved in 2006 from my home country or do I need to come back to get my visa stamped.Is F1 similar to H1 in these cases or not ie first stamping in India and subsequent stamping anywhere outside US.

Your post is not clear, what is your current status? Are you working or attending school? Where are you located? Do you need/have a Visa for Canada? Which school/program are you planning to attend?

In general, F1 Visa applicant has to show ties to home country by family, property or job etc. It is difficult for third country consulates (such as Canada) to determine the applicants ties and hence chances of approval are lower. However, some people do manage to get their F1 Visas in Canada.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Right now i am in India and I need a visa for canada.My question is whether I can go to F1 visa interview(to USA) in canadian consulate.For the first time stamping I need to go to home country(india) and as I already have my F1 visa stamped in 2006,,,will this becomes a subsequent stamping.
      My status(all in US,,never came to India in between)
      Dec 2006-F1(Masters)
      Dec 2007-Done with masters
      April 2008 - Applied for H1
      October 2008 - H1 approved.
      From October 2008-Oct 2011(I 797 approval dates)
      I came to india in Oct 2010 and my H1 stamping got rejected.I am planning to go to USA through canada as getting canadian visa is not that difficult.

Comment

You need to get a US Visa no matter through which country you travel through. US Consulates in Canada can issue US Visas. Canadian consulates cannot issue US Visas and there are no Canadian consulates in Canada.

Like answered already, F1 Visa applicant has to show ties to home country by family, property or job etc. It is difficult for US Consulates in a third country (such as Canada) to determine the applicants ties and hence chances of approval are lower. If you have had an F1 Visa rejection before, that will mean the chances are even lower. However, some people do manage to get their F1 Visas in Canada. It is up to you if you want to try that.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X