X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 Visa

Hi,

Can you please tell me your suggestion :

I'm planning to apply for F2 visa, my wife went to US on january 2011 to join in spring semester.

On L1 visa I have went to US and came back, to process L1 visa again, my employer is saying it takes more than 1 year, I'm thinking to go for F2 visa.

Can you please tell me in my case, what are the chances of getting (or) rejection of F2 visa.

In case of visa rejection for me, can you please tell me on what scenarios they can reject my case, so that I can start work on it.

Thanks.

For F2 you need to show ties to home country such as property or family. You and your wife need to show sufficient funds available to support both of you and pay for the education. The amount required is usually specified by the University on their I-20. You will also need convincing answers to questions like ' what will you do while in the US, what will you do after your wife finishes her education' etc. On F2 Visa you are not allowed to work or study in the US.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Kabkaba for the reply.

I did the ground work, planning to show the properties in India.

but for the bank amount to show, which one you suggest would be good, showing the amount in Indian Bank is good or showing amount in US Bank.

can you please tell me good suggestions for the below questions, if it is confidential then, can you please mail me to [email protected]

1. what u will do while in US

2. what will you do after your wife finishes her education
      (for this I'm planning to say the following answer : after her education we are planning to come back)

Thanks.

Comment

Readily available funds in any bank are okay. The total should be as per dependend I-20 issued by school.

You have to prepare your own truthful and convincing answers. Don't ever lie to consular officers, thy are very good at detecting it. Be confident in your mannerism and answer to the point without any extra information.

Don't post your personal email here, anybody in the world can see it.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X