Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by samchava View Post
    Sandy1380 and blue_wait,

Are you both working on EVC model or E-C model. I am also waiting from 20th December (interview Date) and 23rd Dec (documents submission date) and am working on E-V-C model.
    @samchava and @sandy1380
    I am working for EVC model. What abt u guys?

Comment

• @samchava and @blue_wait
      Mine is Direct Employment

Originally posted by blue_wait View Post
      @samchava and @sandy1380
      I am working for EVC model. What abt u guys?

Comment

• Originally posted by sandy1380 View Post
        @samchava and @blue_wait
        Mine is Direct Employment
        The wait of more than 4 months!!! It's really killing me... How are u managing ur Client work..
        If client is lost then are we done with Visa?

Comment

• I am currently working from India offshore office for my employer.

Originally posted by blue_wait View Post
          The wait of more than 4 months!!! It's really killing me... How are u managing ur Client work..
          If client is lost then are we done with Visa?

Comment

• blue_wait and sandy1380,

I am working on Federal Funded project, my manager is by gods grace still waiting for me to come back but no idea how long can he wait. I am without pay from day one when I came here. My manager could not give me work from home as its a federal project.

No idea what happens to visa if we loose the project, but I have a friend who was stuck here in admin processing and was cleared after 5 1/2 months. He also had lost his project but was asked to submit his passport for visa stamping and was allowed to get through the POE. I hope this is what is still allowed as his case was in 2010.

Comment

blue_wait and sandy1380,

I am working on Federal Funded project, my manager is by gods grace still waiting for me to come back but no idea how long can he wait. I am without pay from day one when I came here. My manager could not give me work from home as its a federal project.

No idea what happens to visa if we loose the project, but I have a friend who was stuck here in admin processing and was cleared after 5 1/2 months. He also had lost his project but was asked to submit his passport for visa stamping and was allowed to get through the POE. I hope this is what is still allowed as his case was in 2010.
              HI,
              This is for sure that We are un neccessary getting trouble because we are working in US.
              for me also i have all valid documents but still waiting from last 3 months. Called so many times to DOS and vfs but for them it's a generic reply "PENDING" It's really frustating when you didnt expect this delay and have to take care of your rent and utility bills in US.

vfs should give clear picture on the cases which are in pending status rather than keep on updating with the work pending. i am not getting paid from last 3 months and have my complete apt as is in US with car. by going though their speed seems like 3 more months i am going to spend here. can not do anything rather than waiting and sitting at home without any activities.

All the best guys. keep posting your experience. it really feels good when someone get through from this situation and that makes us happy that one day(not sure when but...) i will also get through.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayur25 View Post
                HI,
                This is for sure that We are un neccessary getting trouble because we are working in US.
                for me also i have all valid documents but still waiting from last 3 months. Called so many times to DOS and vfs but for them it's a generic reply "PENDING" It's really frustating when you didnt expect this delay and have to take care of your rent and utility bills in US.

vfs should give clear picture on the cases which are in pending status rather than keep on updating with the work pending. i am not getting paid from last 3 months and have my complete apt as is in US with car. by going though their speed seems like 3 more months i am going to spend here. can not do anything rather than waiting and sitting at home without any activities.

All the best guys. keep posting your experience. it really feels good when someone get through from this situation and that makes us happy that one day(not sure when but...) i will also get through.
                Let's hope we will see the end of the DARK tunnel soon!!
                All the best for all who are waiting...

Comment

blue_wait and sandy1380,

@samchava
                  Thanks for the info... It is ridiculous to give the visa if project is no more.. but anyways I am glad that at least we can try for new projects.

Comment

• Just wanted to share my experience on 221g.
                    I appeared at the Consulate today (for the visa) and the officer denied my application under section 221(g). I have been handed a blue slip. Following is the sequence of events that happened:
                    I greeted him.
                    He asked for the I129 doc and I handed him the same.
                    He asked me to tell something about my employer?
                    I replied that ABC is a reseller and implementation partner for Oracle Application.
                    He said that this means ABC is into IT Advisory?
                    I acknowledged.
                    Then he asked me the project and client details (like for which project/client I will work for).
                    I told him that I will be working for ABC (as they are my employer).
                    He again asked me whether or not I have project details and client letter!
                    This time I refused (since I don’t have any client letter, nor I was sure that which project I will be working on).
                    At this point of time (not even a minute had gone by), he handed me the 221(g) slip which directs me to submit the following documents at a VFS office, Mumbai (he seems to have checked almost all the checkboxes on the blue slip):
                    1. A copy of the petition with all the supporting documents as filed to USCIS (including full I-129, cover letter for USCIS, and educational equivalency report)
                    2. Petitioner's Income Tax Return for the Last 2 years and financial statements.
                    3. A notarized list of all the petitioners’ employees. The list should show all the employee's name, their specific job titles, start and end dates, their Individual Salaries, their immigration status and their project / client.
                    4. A Letter (on letter head) from the personnel department at the US job site stating that there is a vacancy for you.
                    5. A letter from the client company sponsoring the project and a copy of the contract between the US based petitioner and the client company, stating the timing, terms and agreement for your project.
                    6. A detailed and specific description of the internal development project to which you will be assigned. Include a complete technical description of the project, employer, timeline, current status, number of employees assigned, worksite location, and marketing analysis for the final product.
                    7. Original or certified copies of your academic credentials
                    8. Evidence of previous work experience in the petitioned field.
                    I told him that I am carrying most of these documents (i.e. I129, ABCs Financial data, my original academic credentials, my work experience), but he wasn’t ready to listen. (These Americans!!) He said that since I don’t have all the docs (by ‘all docs’ I guess he meant the project/client details) hence he wants me to make a submission with all of them at once.

Comment

• It seems that I need to submit few more documents to prove my case. In order to do so I seek clarification on those documents. I have been requested to submit :

1. A Letter (on letter head) from the personnel department at the US job site stating that there is a vacancy for you - In order to satisfy this will it be fine if i submit a copy of the job offer letter (from my petitioner) ?

2. Original or certified copies of your academic credentials - 'Certified copy' means copy of academic credentails attested by a Class I gazetted officer? Or can i self attest and certify my academic credentials?

3. Evidence of previous work experience in the petitioned field - In order to prove my work experience, I will be sending out the respective offer letters (from all my employers whom I have worked) and the relieving letters (and salary slips). I checked my relieving letters and they had nothing mentioned with respect to my skills/Technology. So will that cause an issue or will that be fine ?

Comment

• Urgent question !!!

@akil_agarwal1

hI ,

Again i am also a victim of the 221g green slip .. i have however managed to get all the documents ...excluding the document number

( 6 ) A detailed and specific description of the internal development project to which you will be assigned. Include a complete technical description of the project, employer, timeline, current status, number of employees assigned, worksite location, and marketing analysis for the final product.

Can you clarify what that means and who will i need to hit up to get this document as my employer is a consulting firm and we have no internal projects ... as we all work for the vendors/clients.

Please clarify.

thanks

VIC

Originally posted by akhil_agarwal1 View Post
                        Just wanted to share my experience on 221g.
                        I appeared at the Consulate today (for the visa) and the officer denied my application under section 221(g). I have been handed a blue slip. Following is the sequence of events that happened:
                        I greeted him.
                        He asked for the I129 doc and I handed him the same.
                        He asked me to tell something about my employer?
                        I replied that ABC is a reseller and implementation partner for Oracle Application.
                        He said that this means ABC is into IT Advisory?
                        I acknowledged.
                        Then he asked me the project and client details (like for which project/client I will work for).
                        I told him that I will be working for ABC (as they are my employer).
                        He again asked me whether or not I have project details and client letter!
                        This time I refused (since I don’t have any client letter, nor I was sure that which project I will be working on).
                        At this point of time (not even a minute had gone by), he handed me the 221(g) slip which directs me to submit the following documents at a VFS office, Mumbai (he seems to have checked almost all the checkboxes on the blue slip):
                        1. A copy of the petition with all the supporting documents as filed to USCIS (including full I-129, cover letter for USCIS, and educational equivalency report)
                        2. Petitioner's Income Tax Return for the Last 2 years and financial statements.
                        3. A notarized list of all the petitioners’ employees. The list should show all the employee's name, their specific job titles, start and end dates, their Individual Salaries, their immigration status and their project / client.
                        4. A Letter (on letter head) from the personnel department at the US job site stating that there is a vacancy for you.
                        5. A letter from the client company sponsoring the project and a copy of the contract between the US based petitioner and the client company, stating the timing, terms and agreement for your project.
                        6. A detailed and specific description of the internal development project to which you will be assigned. Include a complete technical description of the project, employer, timeline, current status, number of employees assigned, worksite location, and marketing analysis for the final product.
                        7. Original or certified copies of your academic credentials
                        8. Evidence of previous work experience in the petitioned field.
                        I told him that I am carrying most of these documents (i.e. I129, ABCs Financial data, my original academic credentials, my work experience), but he wasn’t ready to listen. (These Americans!!) He said that since I don’t have all the docs (by ‘all docs’ I guess he meant the project/client details) hence he wants me to make a submission with all of them at once.

Comment

• @damiendevlon,

I was also asked for this document, what I did was I got in touch with my HR in India and I drafted an detailed description of the project(s) I was am or will be working on, which I guess you may have already. Then I got the technical documentation of the project that I was working on (for this you may need to talk to the client for whom you are working) also attached the duration of the project and how many others will be working on that project and what my roles and responsibilities will be. For me the projects were in house projects for the client I had mentioned that there will be no market analysis of the project since it is a in house project hence no market analysis is required.
                          So for this point you will need to get in touch with your employer to draft all these things and your client so that he approves you giving the technical description of the project to the consulate.

@akhil_agaewal1

1. A Letter (on letter head) from the personnel department at the US job site stating that there is a vacancy for you - In order to satisfy this will it be fine if i submit a copy of the job offer letter (from my petitioner) ?
                          Ans. Yes it should be fine as I have also submitted the same document, also if you can submit current or latest client letter it will be of added advantage. I did submit Client letter also.

2. Original or certified copies of your academic credentials - 'Certified copy' means copy of academic credentails attested by a Class I gazetted officer? Or can i self attest and certify my academic credentials?
                          Ans. No it should not be self attested but you can get them attested by Class I gazetted officer.

3. Evidence of previous work experience in the petitioned field - In order to prove my work experience, I will be sending out the respective offer letters (from all my employers whom I have worked) and the relieving letters (and salary slips). I checked my relieving letters and they had nothing mentioned with respect to my skills/Technology. So will that cause an issue or will that be fine ?
                          Ans. Just the offer and relieving letter should be fine, if you have filed your GC then you might have submitted similar documents in a specific format even those will be fine.

Comment

• contact senator(s)

has anybody contacted the senator from their state ?

Comment

• @sameerjan

i am going to as soon as i get back ... as this is just plain double/duplicate work for us .. nothing else

@samchava

did you get ur visa already ?

Comment

• Originally posted by damiendevlon View Post
                                @sameerjan

i am going to as soon as i get back ... as this is just plain double/duplicate work for us .. nothing else

@samchava

did you get ur visa already ?
                                I am not sure whether will it create any issue of you cantact your local senator for this delay in process? In case if anyone planning to contact please let us know what message we can pass to senator and how it will expedite our process?

Appreciate if someone can share your thought on this.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X