Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD sent for correction, Travel to India

Hi All,

I got my EAD card with wrong date of birth on Oct 30 2011. So I contacted USCIS and sent it back for correction immediately. Now I am waiting for Notice of Action for this newly sent I765. I have a marriage and hence need to travel to India on 20th Dec 2011. Can I travel to India and return back safely if I have a photo copy of my EAD card which I sent to USCIS for correction alongwith valid job offer (I am F-1 student on OPT)?

Yes, you can.

EAD is just work permit and has no effect on travel.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

OPT EAD sent for correction.SEVIS and driving license updated. Travel to India

Hi,

I got my EAD with dates 2 months prior to the requested dates. I got my driving license renewd and SEVIS updated and then sent my EAD card for correction. I have my marriage scheduled next month. Can I travel and return safely without EAD in hand? I have a photocopy of it.

Please advise in this regard.

Comment

Checking if you were able to return without EAD

Originally posted by mncreddy5 View Post
        Hi,

I got my EAD with dates 2 months prior to the requested dates. I got my driving license renewd and SEVIS updated and then sent my EAD card for correction. I have my marriage scheduled next month. Can I travel and return safely without EAD in hand? I have a photocopy of it.

Please advise in this regard.

Were you able to travel? Did you use a copy of the EAD to return to the USA? Did you require any other document like a confirmation that your EAD was submitted for correction?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X