Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided. Please use at your own risk. Do not post anything you don't want publicly visible.

Track greencard/visa apps
Immihelp Tracker
Help Others
Share Experiences
Instant Quotes & Purchase
Visitor Medical Insurance
Travel Companion
Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1

    Default UK visa from USA for F1 student

    I am a graduate student on F1 visa in the USA. I am graduating on 14th Dec, 2011 and will be on OPT thereafter for one year. I have a full time job starting in February.
    I am planning to visit my girlfriend in UK for about 10 days in the end of December. And I have to apply for UK visa.

    I want to know what all documents I need apart from finances, my I20 document. Should I mention to the authorities that I am visiting my girlfriend? or is it too risky. Should I ask her to give me an invitation letter. Or is it better that I just say I am visiting UK for a vacation.

    Also, since I dont have too much finances right now. My bank account balance wont be enough to take care of my trip. Is it okay if I mention a friend in the US as my sponsor for the trip. Or is it okay if I mention my girlfriend as my sponsor?

    Is there something I should be careful about?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008


    Anybody can provide funds for your trip. No harm in mentioning the girlfriend and getting an invitation letter from her.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts