Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT application name issues

I have the rather common Indian problem with name format on the passport
    My full name is too large to fit on my passport so the Indian officer had an abridged version on the first page with an observation stating the full version on the inner page
    First Page
    First Name: Sidartha
    Middle Name: Socrates Savio
    Last Name: Gracias
    Obersvation on inner page: Gracias Sidartha Socrates Savio Menino Jesus Do Flores
    Unfortunately as you might have noticed the format is <Last Name> <First Name> <Middle Names>

So When I had my F1 Visa Issued on the Visa page
    Last Name: Flores
    Given Name: Sidartha Socrates Savio Gracias
    Full Name to be read as: Flores, Gracias Sidartha Socrates Savio Menino Jusus Do

When I applied for my OPT EAD I entered the name in the name section as
    Sidartha Socrates Savio Gracias
    and in the other names section entered my full name
    Gracias Sidartha Socrates Savio Menino Jesus Do Flores

My application was received on 11/16/2011 and as of the 1/26/2012 is in Initial Review. I sent in an expedite request on 1/22/2012 and today received an email stating
    Thank you for contacting us about your case. The expediting of a case allows it to be sent quickly to an officer for adjudication. However, your case is currently under review by an officer. Most applicants receive a decision or correspondence within 30 days, although most individuals receive their cards earlier. A timely decision requires all pertinent information being present when received by the adjudicating officer and the complexities of the case. Please contact us again if you do not receive the document or other correspondence within the 30 day time frame.

I was supposed to start work on the 1/31/2012 but had to push it back. My manager has been very understanding so far but now I am worried I will never receive the EAD card. Does anyone have experience with a similar situation? Any help would be greatly appreciated

I don't think this should be a problem. You will receive the card soon. Exact timeframe cannot be predicted.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by sidg11 View Post
      I have the rather common Indian problem with name format on the passport
      My full name is too large to fit on my passport so the Indian officer had an abridged version on the first page with an observation stating the full version on the inner page
      First Page
      First Name: Sidartha
      Middle Name: Socrates Savio
      Last Name: Gracias
      Obersvation on inner page: Gracias Sidartha Socrates Savio Menino Jesus Do Flores
      Unfortunately as you might have noticed the format is <Last Name> <First Name> <Middle Names>

So When I had my F1 Visa Issued on the Visa page
      Last Name: Flores
      Given Name: Sidartha Socrates Savio Gracias
      Full Name to be read as: Flores, Gracias Sidartha Socrates Savio Menino Jusus Do

When I applied for my OPT EAD I entered the name in the name section as
      Sidartha Socrates Savio Gracias
      and in the other names section entered my full name
      Gracias Sidartha Socrates Savio Menino Jesus Do Flores

My application was received on 11/16/2011 and as of the 1/26/2012 is in Initial Review. I sent in an expedite request on 1/22/2012 and today received an email stating
      Thank you for contacting us about your case. The expediting of a case allows it to be sent quickly to an officer for adjudication. However, your case is currently under review by an officer. Most applicants receive a decision or correspondence within 30 days, although most individuals receive their cards earlier. A timely decision requires all pertinent information being present when received by the adjudicating officer and the complexities of the case. Please contact us again if you do not receive the document or other correspondence within the 30 day time frame.

I was supposed to start work on the 1/31/2012 but had to push it back. My manager has been very understanding so far but now I am worried I will never receive the EAD card. Does anyone have experience with a similar situation? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hey by when did you get the card, How long was the time frame. Please let me know as im the same boat as yours

Comment

Originally posted by Shashishekhar Manjunatha View Post
        Hey by when did you get the card, How long was the time frame. Please let me know as im the same boat as yours
        I have the same problem did can you post your timeline for the whole approval process.Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X