I94 extension/Correction after passport extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I94 extension/Correction after passport extension

Currently i am in L1 visa. Visa and I-129 is valid till next year mid. How ever the I94 was given till july this year to match the passport expiry. Now i got my passport renewed.

Also my GC is filed and I140 and 485 are pending.

What are the option to get I94 extended.

- Can CBP deferred inspection site can get this done?. I am hearing its not done any more is that true?. If its possible all deferred inspection site can do?.

- If i decide to apply for extension is this same process as applying for extension in other cases like visa/I94 expire at same time?.

- If extension gets denied is my visa is valid or i have to go out and get new visa?.

- Other option i am hearing is going to Canada/Mexico and return back to US and at POE new I94 will be issued?. In this option do i need to take visa to goto Canada/mexico?.

- With I140/485 pending is it ok to go out of country? (Note i havent recevied EAD/AP yet and not planning to use even if i get it).

- Can CBP deferred inspection site can get this done?. I am hearing its not done any more is that true?. If its possible all deferred inspection site can do?.
    >>> Thye may or may not do. You can try your luck.

- If i decide to apply for extension is this same process as applying for extension in other cases like visa/I94 expire at same time?.
    >>> Yes.

- If extension gets denied is my visa is valid or i have to go out and get new visa?.
    >>> Visa in the passport will remain valid. But you cannot stay/work past the current I-94 expiry date. You should leave the country before the current I-94 expires.

- Other option i am hearing is going to Canada/Mexico and return back to US and at POE new I94 will be issued?.
    >>> You can do that. But if your visit is less than 1 month, they will ask you to keep your existing I-94 and use the same on your return. It will be worth a trip only if you can handover all your existing I-94s when you leave and get a new one on your return.

In this option do i need to take visa to goto Canada/mexico?.
    >>> Yes.

- With I140/485 pending is it ok to go out of country? (Note i havent recevied EAD/AP yet and not planning to use even if i get it).
    >>> Your GC process has nothing to do with this.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X