I am a college teacher in India and my husband is on a J1 visa in the US. I got the ITIN (IRS Tax Identification Number) to jointly file the taxes in the US. He went to a tax consultant in the US who did not use my income in the return as I never visited the US. I paid my taxes properly in India. Now, I am applying for a J1 visa and I have full sponsorship and insurance. While filling the DS form for visa application, they are asking for the ITIN. I don't know if I should provide it. I don't know if the tax consultant did it right not to mention my income and that could create any problem in granting of my visa. Do they check your IRS records in case of administrative processing? Please help.