Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

221(g) Received by email

Originally posted by gojo123 View Post
    Today, after 16 days from my interview date, I received a 221(g) green slip from the U.S. Embassy, Delhi. They have checked all document boxes on it. The Embassy still have my passport, I797, and interview form. I am hoping to get all documents submitted soon, but I am worried how much longer the administrative processing will take before my passport will be returned with the visa.

I am amazed why they made me wait so long before I received the 221(g) form. Could there be any "other" issues with my case??

Any comments will be greatly welcomed.
    Hi ,

Mine is simailar case like you and hope you can share your experience.

01. I appeared interview at Delhi consulae on H1b category on 21st of August.
    02. Got a email form VFS with an attachment of 221(g) to submit dcouments. i.e Complete COPY OF ALL I-797, I-129 petition, Letter from ALL END CLIENTS, itinerary of services, and contract , Petitioner’s federal tax returns for the last two (2) years, Internal project description for applicant, List of petitioner’s employees, W-2 forms for the last two year.

I have few question for you to relate to your case to me.

A. How you got the 221(G) notification? Via email or postal mail. If you have got email then is it from direct consulatate or through VFS.

B. In the mail which I got from VFS, they have addressed to a different name though in the matter they have put my passport Number.May be it is a typo.

C. Regarding the document to be submitted, did you had similar set of documents. Here confused about W-2 forms. Whether they have asked my W-2 form or W-2 form of all empoyee of my company.

Appeciate if you can give more detail about the documets to be submitted and anything i should take care off.

Many Thanks,

fitklco

Comment

Going on 5 months and still waiting

Originally posted by fitklco View Post
      Hi ,

Mine is simailar case like you and hope you can share your experience.

01. I appeared interview at Delhi consulae on H1b category on 21st of August.
      02. Got a email form VFS with an attachment of 221(g) to submit dcouments. i.e Complete COPY OF ALL I-797, I-129 petition, Letter from ALL END CLIENTS, itinerary of services, and contract , Petitioner’s federal tax returns for the last two (2) years, Internal project description for applicant, List of petitioner’s employees, W-2 forms for the last two year.

I have few question for you to relate to your case to me.

A. How you got the 221(G) notification? Via email or postal mail. If you have got email then is it from direct consulatate or through VFS.

B. In the mail which I got from VFS, they have addressed to a different name though in the matter they have put my passport Number.May be it is a typo.

C. Regarding the document to be submitted, did you had similar set of documents. Here confused about W-2 forms. Whether they have asked my W-2 form or W-2 form of all empoyee of my company.

Appeciate if you can give more detail about the documets to be submitted and anything i should take care off.

Many Thanks,

fitklco
      Dear friend,

I am still waiting for my visa to be issued by the Embassy. My case is still under process since April 12th. I have submitted any possible employer related information to the Embassy, but still nothing is materializing. I am confused and disheartened. What possibility could the Embassy want from me, and why don't they ask me for something.

Comment

Please update

gojo - Did you get the visa . My wife went for the H4 visa at Delhi embassy ands told to wait . What do you think the issue is with your case for the delay ? Thanks

I am still waiting for my visa to be issued by the Embassy. My case is still under process since April 12th. I have submitted any possible employer related information to the Embassy, but still nothing is materializing. I am confused and disheartened. What possibility could the Embassy want from me, and why don't they ask me for something.[/QUOTE]

Comment

similar 221g case

Originally posted by gojo123 View Post
          Dear friend,

I am still waiting for my visa to be issued by the Embassy. My case is still under process since April 12th. I have submitted any possible employer related information to the Embassy, but still nothing is materializing. I am confused and disheartened. What possibility could the Embassy want from me, and why don't they ask me for something.
          Hi Gojo,

I also used my new passport for stamping this time and my prevoius visa was in the old passport. My passport is also with the embassy since the past 2 months. Could you please let me know your status update?After reading your initial post I have a feeling that the delay has something to do with my passport.

Thanks

Comment

similar issue--- lot of confusion and frustration

Originally posted by kkss View Post
            Hi gojo123,

Did you get your passport?
            Hi All,

I have a kind of similar case.
            I appeared for the interview on 11th Oct 2012 in Delhi embassy, VO asked for the similar docs which I submitted there itself.
            After that the same day I received an e-mail fromm [email protected] that pls submit the docs as per the attachment though that mail didnt have any attachment at all.
            When i contacted on the customer care number, he mentioned that since i have submitted the docs, may be that's why there's no attachment.
            After that I kept on following with the same service for almost everyday to know if there's any pending action item on me but to no avail...
            Now with the intervention of the senator after 3 months, we got to know that the embassy is now saying that i didnt submit any docs at all... this is so ridiculous.

Can anybody please advice on such a situation???

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X