Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided. Please use at your own risk. Do not post anything you don't want publicly visible.

Track greencard/visa apps
Immihelp Tracker
Help Others
Share Experiences
Instant Quotes & Purchase
Visitor Medical Insurance
Travel Companion
Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1

    Default Banned from ESTA due to overstay - tips?

    Me and my friend accidentally overstayed with a couple of days last fall (2011). To be honest, we hadn't realized that the 90 days rule was so final.
    Anyone in the same situation?
    Any tips for what visa to apply for if we want to come back?
    What is the right place to contact with a problem like this?
    Anyone know if this strongly reduces our odds of getting a visa?
    How will they treat us when going through customs, even with a valid visa?

    Lots of questions But really need HELP!


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011


    Well, if you want to come back for a pleasure visit, you will have to apply for a B1/B2 visa.

    They make it diffcult for visa violators but the outcome can be in your favor if you present the case absolutely honestly and apologetically.Tell him you were not sure about the rule and you are extremely sorry.

    Also, factors that will weigh are your ties to home country ( family , job , income, student status ) and if you have enough funds for the trip.

  3. #3


    In your situation you have to apply for a visa

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts