X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N-400 question about forgotten address

Hello,

First off thank you for reading

I believe I completely screwed myself on the N-400 and I need some help.

I have been having sleepless nights over this.

On part 4 of the form, I placed my parent's address (I consider that my permanant address because I rent and usually have all my mail forwarded there).

On part 6, I completely forgot to mention the address I have been staying at for about a year.

I cannot believe I did this.

I was suppose to do some research about having my N-400 citizenship details sent to my parents (possibly using the "Care of" field) and I never did end up completing part 6. Days passed by, I ended up printing it as is and sent it.

To make matters worse, prior to moving to this place where I currently live I also lived in another apartment complex for 3 months (ended up moving because a family moved in above us with 3 toddlers that loved to run on hard wood floors!)

So I am technically missing two addresses in part 6.

Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated. I have the lease to the apartment where I am staying as proof. Its about 3 towns away from my parents. Not a different state, etc.

Also I didn't have my interview yet. I sent the application out on 4/30/12
    Last edited by coffeeguy; 05-09-2012, 07:08 AM.

Originally posted by coffeeguy View Post
    Hello,

First off thank you for reading

I believe I completely screwed myself on the N-400 and I need some help.

I have been having sleepless nights over this.

On part 4 of the form, I placed my parent's address (I consider that my permanant address because I rent and usually have all my mail forwarded there).

On part 6, I completely forgot to mention the address I have been staying at for about a year.

I cannot believe I did this.

I was suppose to do some research about having my N-400 citizenship details sent to my parents (possibly using the "Care of" field) and I never did end up completing part 6. Days passed by, I ended up printing it as is and sent it.

To make matters worse, prior to moving to this place where I currently live I also lived in another apartment complex for 3 months (ended up moving because a family moved in above us with 3 toddlers that loved to run on hard wood floors!)

So I am technically missing two addresses in part 6.

Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated. I have the lease to the apartment where I am staying as proof. Its about 3 towns away from my parents. Not a different state, etc.

Also I didn't have my interview yet. I sent the application out on 4/30/12
    No need to panic. Should be no problem since you listed your parent's address and not an X address. You can correct information during the interview. Just tell the interviewing officer that you considered your parent's address as your permanent residence but that you also have leased and if need be can provide that information. The officer can update the address information on the N-400 accordingly. Take the lease agreements with you just in case it is asked for.

Best of luck!

Comment

nwctzn,

Thank you...I really appreciate the prompt reply!

Comment

Results?

Were you able to change that at the interview and were you able to be a US citizen?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X