Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applied H4 in Karachi. Can I travel on visit visa by asking for my passport ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applied H4 in Karachi. Can I travel on visit visa by asking for my passport ?

Hi,
    I am living in US on H4 with my wife an daughter. I want to visit back to my country ( Pakistan) for a few days. I have got an extension on my H4 from the uSA. Will I have to get my visa re-stamped from Pakistan in order to visit ? Secondly sometimes the visa stamping takes a long time because of security and administrative processing. I also have visit visa stamped and valid till 2013 Dec. In case the h4 processing is taking along time then can I travel on my visit visa while my H4 is in process ?

Thanks

I am living in US on H4 with my wife an daughter. I want to visit back to my country ( Pakistan) for a few days. I have got an extension on my H4 from the uSA. Will I have to get my visa re-stamped from Pakistan in order to visit ?
    >>> You need a valid H4 visa to re-enter. If you have a previously approved H4 visa stamped in your passport as of the date of your return, then you need not have to go for stamping again. You can use the existing valid H4 visa along with your spouse's valid h1B approval notice (I-797) to re-enter U.S.

Secondly sometimes the visa stamping takes a long time because of security and administrative processing. I also have visit visa stamped and valid till 2013 Dec. In case the h4 processing is taking along time then can I travel on my visit visa while my H4 is in process ?
    >>> In most cases, when you apply for a new visa, the old visa can get cancelled. If it is not cancelled and if you can prove that the reason for traveling in B2 is for tourism, then you can enter U.S in B2 visa. Every visa has its purpose. B2 is for tourism.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X