Starting LLC in H1B visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting LLC in H1B visa

I am currently in H1B visa. I am doing some business through internet (getting projects from clients and outsource to a company in India). I get the commission for the projects in India as of now.

I would like to form an LLC and legalize the income in USA rather than getting paid in India.

Is it allowed to form an LLC when I am in H1B? Is there any articles/documents available for more information about forming an LLC by non-greencard holders.

It is completely legal to form a LLC.

You should not work for the company (even sign a check with your H1 status), you can employ somebody to run the company.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by karumady
    I am currently in H1B visa. I am doing some business through internet (getting projects from clients and outsource to a company in India). I get the commission for the projects in India as of now.

I would like to form an LLC and legalize the income in USA rather than getting paid in India.

Is it allowed to form an LLC when I am in H1B? Is there any articles/documents available for more information about forming an LLC by non-greencard holders.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatGuru
      It is completely legal to form a LLC.

You should not work for the company (even sign a check with your H1 status), you can employ somebody to run the company.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
      I'm sorry, but I'm confused. How can you, on one hand, be able to form a LLC, and on the other hand NOT be able to sign a check to pay an employee?

Comment

Meaning you can just invest and get returns without having anything to do with the operation of the company.

Just the way you buy stocks.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

OP is currently working illegally and needs to stop immediately or jeopardize his future in US.

It is illegal to work for any organization - including yourself - other than the holder of your H1B visa. It does not matter where in the world you are paid.

If you wish to continue your self employment, return to your home country.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X