No announcement yet.

H1B visa holder starting online company to sell digital instructional videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa holder starting online company to sell digital instructional videos

Hi everyone,

I am an H1B visa holder and planning to start a website which will provide instructional videos through subscriptions. I have read that as an H1B visa holder, i am allowed to create a company, LLC, copr, but cannot work for it. Also, the company will have no physical presence in the US, site will be hosted by 3rd party and i will be ceating the videos during my free time from my home-office.

What kind of company you recommend?

I would be the one deducting expenses/profits/losses. How can i be a "passive" shareholder then?

I plan on leaving the US after 3 years, should I simply setup a parent company at home and then setup a subsidiary company here in delaware for eg. Is this allowed under the H1B visa?

Since this business is only digital download of instructional videos, do i need to collect sales tax?

Also, my current employer is just started the green card application, still in the Labor Certificate. Should I wait until the I-140 is approved and then creat the company?

I am sure other people have had similar situaions before, please advise.

Many thanks.

What you are considering doing is "work" by all USCIS standards and cannot be performed on a H1b to anyone other than your sponsor. It is illegal.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

How about if i wait until my I-140 has been approved and i get the EAD? Once you have the EAD, aren't we able to work on multiple jobs?

Comment

Originally posted by coolislandsurf
        How about if i wait until my I-140 has been approved and i get the EAD? Once you have the EAD, aren't we able to work on multiple jobs?
        Yes, you can do that on EAD but not on H1b. You can work multiple jobs, but all of them have to use the EAD. No H1b/EAD combinations allowed.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X