on H1, and want to start a company in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on H1, and want to start a company in India

I am on H1, and want to start a company in India.
    Even though not activly participated, want to be as one of the directors in that ? as 2 director are required to start a company in india.

You can be a passive investor but remember taxes are to be paid in US on the money made.

Last edited by txh1b; 11-22-2008, 12:01 PM.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

H1 Starting a company in india

I am not clear with 'passive investor',

I want to be as one of the directors in the company. With out investing any money and not getting any returns.

Will this be a problem to my H1 ? Please suggest.

Thanks

Comment

As long as you don't do any work for them, you are fine. Passive investment cannot give you a position on the board of directors of the company. You should not as it will be constituted working for them in some form of fashion.

Passive investment is like you investing in shares. You own a part of the company and can get returns but have nothing to do with the company or the day to day operations.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X