Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

What type of visa should i apply to run business in US?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What type of visa should i apply to run business in US?

    I started a C Corporation in california while living in india and started running a US business. I visit around 2-3 times a year on B1 Visa to meet employees and some vendors for the business. Recently i moved to canada on work permit and am in the middle of getting PR under express entry.

    Is there any other visa i can get so i can make trips more frequently to US. So far i haven't been ever questioned much but i know if i start going every month, i will be asked reasons etc.

    Company has 3 full time W2 employees in california (if this information is of any use)

  • #2
    You need to be very careful with frequent visits. While you can certainly own and be an officer of a US based business, actually working here will not only raise red flags but be illegal.
    You should meet with an immigration attorney and explore proper authorization to work. Depending on the exact situation, there may be visas that make sense for you (EB-2(C), O-1, E-3, L-1...).


    • #3
      There are various visas that allow running a business in the US. Among them are (EB-2(C) and O-1. There are more, and you should talk to an immigration attorney to figure out which one you need exactly.
      There are different situations, and you need to be really careful to make your papers right. This will show a green light to your business. But if there is something wrong, the immigration officers will finally find it, and your business will be at great risk. So, it’s better to make everything correct from the very beginning. It is always better to make the right documents and the right project management training to set a good base for your future business.
      Last edited by JohnyyStraw; 06-06-2022, 08:00 PM.