Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kabkaba
    replied
    Divorce before Visa application is better since there will be no spouse holding you back in the US. One less reason for immigrant intent denial. You will need to show property, family or job ties to the home country though and your school and program must also be legitimate.

Leave a comment:

• txh1b
    replied
    It is unclear from your post if your current status is F1 or H4. If you go for F1 visa, you need to mention to the VO about your family situation and you will not be asked for any H documents.

As far as the divorce timing goes, it does not matter if you get it now or later. With your F1 status or H4 status, no one can cancel your visa. However, with H status, if your status expired and is not renewed by your sponsor, you may fall out of status.

Leave a comment:

• silvertea
    started a topic F1 divorce

F1 divorce

Hi all,I came to US on H4,and I changed my status in US to F1,I will go to India for F1 visa stamping.I need to take divorce.when is best time to take divorce before stamping or after stamping,bcoz i need to produce H4 documents at time of stamping.Does divorce affect my F1 visa even after coming to US?Has he rights to cancel My visa?Still one quarter left.Until now my sponsor is husband.If in case,I will change sponsor for one quarter.Plz help.I am worried...

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X