Help urgent: First name incorrect on OPT ead card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help urgent: First name incorrect on OPT ead card

I know there are already a lot of threads on this subject and i am sorry for starting a new one but i need help urgently. I have received my OPT EAD card and approval notice a few days ago but my first name is incorrectly printed.My name has 3 words xxx yyy zzz but the zzz part is missing and a letter in yyy is missing on my EAD card. I have a job offer in hand and am supposed to start from next week onward, can i join and then get my card corrected?. I know the process will take a long time for getting the name corrected from USCIS and i doubt if my employer will wait any longer as it is already delayed my joining.

Please respond ASAP.

USCIS name change

Don't worry you will receive new card withing 7-14 days, you need to apply for new card under USCIS error category you will get new card.
    www.OPTGhar.com - Training and Placement for OPT Students in USA

Comment

USCIS name change

Don't worry you will get new card in 7-14 days, you need to apply for new card under USCIS error then you will get the new card. Another best option is first try to contact USCIS by phone.
      www.OPTGhar.com - Training and Placement for OPT Students in USA

Comment

Hi,

My firstname and lastname is wrong in the EAD card. I sent a letter, EAD card and other documents to USCIS. How long will it take to get a new card. I received the card 5 months back. I noticed the wrong name today only.

Thanks,
        S

Comment

Name mispelled correctly on my card

Even I am the one who affected with same type of problem like my first name is xxx yyy zzz and my last name is AAA. but on the card it was printed as first name yyy zzz and last name AAA xxx. do i need to take this seriously, will there be any problem in further when applying to my H1B PROCESS?, If yes, can anyone please tell me how to rectify this and what are the documents that i need to submit again to uscis and what would be the process?

Comment

yes you can apply for recorrection

Originally posted by NAGA SAI HANUMAN View Post
            Even I am the one who affected with same type of problem like my first name is xxx yyy zzz and my last name is AAA. but on the card it was printed as first name yyy zzz and last name AAA xxx. do i need to take this seriously, will there be any problem in further when applying to my H1B PROCESS?, If yes, can anyone please tell me how to rectify this and what are the documents that i need to submit again to uscis and what would be the process?
            you will have to apply for a new card under USCIS error category and get new card in 7-14 days. Another best option is first try to contact USCIS by phone.
            if you have not applied yet for H1B process wait for the correction to be made and then apply for H1B processing..

Comment

Name Correction Issue

Hi folks - I have the same issue. My first name is AAAA BBBB, Last name is ZZZZZ. In the EAD (OPT) card, the name is printed as

Last Name: ZZZZZ AAAA
              First Name: BBBBB

Probably the error is because, the Name section in I765 application has just one continuous name field, I typed the 3 names (Last Name followed by first name) with just spaces. Whose mistake would it be?

Should I pay the fee for a correction or just email the documents?

Thanks
              VVSAUCSE

Comment

Originally posted by vvsaucse View Post
                Hi folks - I have the same issue. My first name is AAAA BBBB, Last name is ZZZZZ. In the EAD (OPT) card, the name is printed as

Last Name: ZZZZZ AAAA
                First Name: BBBBB

Probably the error is because, the Name section in I765 application has just one continuous name field, I typed the 3 names (Last Name followed by first name) with just spaces. Whose mistake would it be?

Should I pay the fee for a correction or just email the documents?

Thanks
                VVSAUCSE

Hi,

I am also facing a similar situation now. Part of my last name is written as Middle name. So can you please advise me what you did to rectify the error.Thank You

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X