Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OPT approved, EAD card lost, what should I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT approved, EAD card lost, what should I do?

Hello,

I know I am not the only one that had this issue, but I have a dilemma and wanted to ask for your advices.

Here is my situation:

- I applied late September.
    - I received the first letter of USCIS the 29th of September in which they confirmed that they received my case.
    - I received the second letter, the approval notice, the 1st of December.

Soon after, it was indicated on the website that my card was sent the 2nd of December and that I should get it by the 1st of January.

I have soon noticed that it was not normal that I still didn’t get the card after 10 days. I called the immigration, but they told me to wait till the 1st of January. I did, and I didn’t receive the card. Since then, I called the immigration multiple times and USPS.

- I asked them to give me the tracking number of the card. When they finally did, I was surprised to see that the card was supposed to have arrived the 30th of November. (How was it supposed to arrive before it was sent?) I am always checking the mail box multiple times a day and nothing was there. I went to my postal office and they couldn’t say anything more than it was delivered. I called the investigation postal office and opened a case with them.

- I did an e-request on the USCIS website to receive a new card. They aswered me the 20 of January, telling me that I have to apply again.
    - I was ready to do so but first I had an appointment at the Immigration offices the 22 of January. There, they told me that it was weird, the dates don't match. The lady at the immigration sent a mail to the center where they do the cards to ask them to investigate and to send a new card. She wasn't able to guarantee me anything. They could say the same thing they already told me: apply again. Worse, she told me that it could take 30 days for them to answer.

As you can guess, I can't wait 30 days to maybe reapply again. That is why I was wondering. Should I wait or just apply again now?

I don’t have big hopes it will work out.

Thank you for reading me!

Best,

Julie

Originally posted by julieSC View Post
    Hello,

I know I am not the only one that had this issue, but I have a dilemma and wanted to ask for your advices.

Here is my situation:

- I applied late September.
    - I received the first letter of USCIS the 29th of September in which they confirmed that they received my case.
    - I received the second letter, the approval notice, the 1st of December.

Soon after, it was indicated on the website that my card was sent the 2nd of December and that I should get it by the 1st of January.

I have soon noticed that it was not normal that I still didn’t get the card after 10 days. I called the immigration, but they told me to wait till the 1st of January. I did, and I didn’t receive the card. Since then, I called the immigration multiple times and USPS.

- I asked them to give me the tracking number of the card. When they finally did, I was surprised to see that the card was supposed to have arrived the 30th of November. (How was it supposed to arrive before it was sent?) I am always checking the mail box multiple times a day and nothing was there. I went to my postal office and they couldn’t say anything more than it was delivered. I called the investigation postal office and opened a case with them.

- I did an e-request on the USCIS website to receive a new card. They aswered me the 20 of January, telling me that I have to apply again.
    - I was ready to do so but first I had an appointment at the Immigration offices the 22 of January. There, they told me that it was weird, the dates don't match. The lady at the immigration sent a mail to the center where they do the cards to ask them to investigate and to send a new card. She wasn't able to guarantee me anything. They could say the same thing they already told me: apply again. Worse, she told me that it could take 30 days for them to answer.

As you can guess, I can't wait 30 days to maybe reapply again. That is why I was wondering. Should I wait or just apply again now?

I don’t have big hopes it will work out.

Thank you for reading me!

Best,

Julie

hey any update after that? is your f-1 status still preserved?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X