Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT STEM extension and E-verify

Hello all,

I am in a big trouble now and I need your advice and help desperately. I have my EAD card expiring on Feb. 13, 2018 and thankfully I started working at Walgreens and now I am in the process to apply for extension. My manager filled out the I-983 form but when I asked for the e-verify number, the manager provided me the EIN number and did not have the E-verify. So I contacted the human resources and they informed me that since I am in a state in which Walgreens does not participate in E-verify, the application will not require the e-verify. I am panicking so much right now. I thought that during my processing, they used the software LawLogix to fill out the I9 form and they asked about my EAD, Driver license and such to fill out the I9 form. I did some research to that software and I found that they take care of I-9 and e verify for companies. I pleaded my manager to contact them and he is trying to reach them.

What should I do now? can you please advise me? Do I have any chances to be extended? or can I just add the EIN instead and hope that it will pass?

Thanks

Ouf

Thank God, the LawLogix had the number. My manager had to contact them to have it. Big OUF

Comment

Good to hear that everything went well later.
      Not a Legal Advice, Just a suggestion

Comment

Originally posted by palkodi View Post
        Good to hear that everything went well later.
        is the e-verify number the same for all Walgreen employees? am trying to file my extension too. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by catalina View Post
          Hello all,

I am in a big trouble now and I need your advice and help desperately. I have my EAD card expiring on Feb. 13, 2018 and thankfully I started working at Walgreens and now I am in the process to apply for extension. My manager filled out the I-983 form but when I asked for the e-verify number, the manager provided me the EIN number and did not have the E-verify. So I contacted the human resources and they informed me that since I am in a state in which Walgreens does not participate in E-verify, the application will not require the e-verify. I am panicking so much right now. I thought that during my processing, they used the software LawLogix to fill out the I9 form and they asked about my EAD, Driver license and such to fill out the I9 form. I did some research to that software and I found that they take care of I-9 and e verify for companies. I pleaded my manager to contact them and he is trying to reach them.

What should I do now? can you please advise me? Do I have any chances to be extended? or can I just add the EIN instead and hope that it will pass?

Thanks
          Do you know the E-verify number for Walgreens? I?m trying to fill out an extension too

Comment

E-verify

Originally posted by akinbuwaracheal View Post
            Do you know the E-verify number for Walgreens? I?m trying to fill out an extension too
            I do not know if the E-verify is the same for all Walgreens but I would advise to contact LawLogix to have the number. Here is their phone number: (877) 725-4355. The manager has to call them I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by catalina View Post
              I do not know if the E-verify is the same for all Walgreens but I would advise to contact LawLogix to have the number. Here is their phone number: (877) 725-4355. The manager has to call them I believe.
              I am working in Deerfield, IL and I am facing the same issue. Did you get your e-verified number? Please help if you have the details. Thanks

Comment

Does USCIS approve e-verification numbers for companies with 7-digit number?

Hi All,

My company has provided me with a 7-digit e-verification number. Does USCIS approve the extension for applications with 7-digit e-verification numbers? Read few blogs which said such applications are sent for RFE as the expected e-verification number should be of 5-6 digit. Please help.

Thanks,
                Puja

Comment

To get a E-verify number you can contact to walgreens customer service. This is the easiest way.

Comment

To get the E-verify number you can visit walgreens customer service. This is the easiest way.
                    Last edited by johnnparry55; 11-13-2020, 10:12 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X