OPT New Rules STEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT New Rules STEM

Hi all.. I am new to this forum and i hope i might get some help. I am currently in the OPT status which was valid until september. The new opt extension rule requires to be employed withing 90 days starting april 8th. My question is I am under an OPT before this rule applied and Does it affect my current status if i am unemployed until 90 days (july 08) then what can i do to prevent me being out of status.. Is there a grace period? Can i still transfer to other colleges after i am outof status.

Serious help needed. I would much appreciate your help. thanks.

As the new OPT rules are fairly new, not many forum members will have complete knowledge about the subject. In your own best interest, ask your school DSO. They should be able to answer these questions better.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks.

ONe more thing .. my DSO doesnt seem to know.. Is there a grace period after the 90 days of unemployment in opt status after apr 08 in the new rule?

Comment

Some reading material for you to go through.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X