Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT and 90 day employment

Hi Everyone,

I recently graduated with a masters degree in Boston. I received my OPT on Sept 30 2008. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a full time job till date. So I joined a consultancy and submitted my offer letter to the ISSI in school.

My question is, is it sufficient to just produce the offer letter to prove your employment( as I have not started working yet)? Will this be counted towards the 90 day unemployment period of my OPT and will this affect my chances of applying for a STEM extension later on?

My current situation is that I'm not working nor being trained by the consultancy whose gave me the offer letter.And my 90 day of employment during OPT will end on Dec 30. So, will the 90-day rule apply for me even though i have submitted the offer letter to school?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

You are asking for nothing but trouble. Consultancies are not for OPT or covering up the rules. Remember, OPT should be used in the field of your study as per the law.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you for replying. I have decided to quit the consultancy and asked my Professor in School to take me as a volunteer on an unpaid basis and he agreed. Should I get a recommendation letter or some reference letter of any sort from the Professor to keep on record that I worked for him?

Comment

If you are not sure, stop posting in every thread.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X