About Opt Extension without Applying H-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Opt Extension without Applying H-1

Hi I am Hemanth, I am a Graduate now and on OPT start Date June 24th 2008 till June 24 2009. I am planning to Extend my OPT this Term Rather Than applying for my H-1. I came to know from one of my friend that OPT Extension is only for people who has applied H-1 in Master's Quota and people who have not got their H-1 for any Reason.

Is that True.The Main problem which i Have is my Employer is not applying my H-1 this time because my pay is less than for H-1 candidate and he feels to hire people who don't have and pay restrictions but his company is a E-verified company.

So Could you help me out in this case as letting me know whether my OPT will be Extended(Or Rules depending on OPT and H-1)or I have to go to an Employer who is ready to apply my H-1 this time.

I would be most thankful for helping me out

Thanks regards

Hemanth

I don't think it is true. Talk to your ISO.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Assuming your field of study qualifies for a STEM extension, I think you can extend OPT.
      Check out H1 FAQs first!
      http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Thanks a lot

Comment

OPT extension and h1b are not related

Greetings,

I got my OPT extension. OPT extension and H1B are not related. It does not matter whether you have applied for H1B or not, you were in lottery or not.. both are different cases.

For OPT extension, you should have your degree, e - verified employer and job in your own field.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X