Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 to OPT to H1

Hi All,

My wife is currently pursuing master's in finance and on F1 (she did a COS from H4 to F1). Her approval notice I-94 does not have an expiry date on it.

Next semester is her last and we are preparing for OPT stuff now so that we have full knowledge of what needs to be done etc. My questions are:

1.) How long can one stay unemployed on OPT? Is it 90 days from date date OPT starts or 60 days?

2.) If she doesn't find a job, we need to convert to H4 - that's fine - but how easy is to come back to OPT when she finds a job? Can she do a COS from H4 to OPT in case she finds a job?

Thanks.

Once she comes out of F1 status and changes status to any other status after completion of graduation, she is not eligible for getting the OPT back again.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks txh1b.

Can we go from OPT > H1 > H4 and then back to H1.

Basically, while on H1, if there is no project, can my wife go to H4 and then come back to H1 when there is a project?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X