Notice Was Returned To USCIS Because The Post Office Could Not Deliver It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice Was Returned To USCIS Because The Post Office Could Not Deliver It

Hi! I applied for my OPT the last week of February and my case was received the first week of March (I checked this on my USCIS online account). However, I did not receive a "receipt notice" or anything in the mail. It's already April and today my case was updated and I found the following:

The Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, Receipt Number YYYY YYYY YYYY ZZZ, because they could not deliver it. This could have a serious effect on your case. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice immediately. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I wonder if anyone else had this problem as well. I already checked all of the copies I submitted in my application and my address is correct. What does this notice mean? Does anyone have any idea what notice USCIS might have sent me? Was it only the receipt notice? Please help. I already got a job offer and I do not want to delay the processing time of my EAD card. Thank you in advance!

Hi,
    It means, your notice might have returned back to USCIS office. You will need to immediately call customer support and make sure, the Address they have in their record is exactly correct. At same time, you can check with them as well, what documents they have sent to you. As per the recent update you got from USCIS, you can raise a service request through USCIS portal to issue the notice again.
    But I am sure, it will be resolved one only.
    Thanks.

Comment

Hi! Thank you for your response. I spoke with a tier-2 agent and thank god it was only the receipt notice.
      Last edited by chris1563; 04-20-2021, 10:39 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X