Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for OPT EAD while I-485 EAD is pending

Hello,

I am here in US on F-1 visa and have recently filed for my green card through marriage. I am now graduating in 3 months and have a potential job offer for which the company wants immediate joining but I do not have any specific date when I will receive my I-485 EAD and the estimated processing time on USCIS has changed from 4 months (at the time of applying) to more than 8 months now.

Since the company will not wait for me for 8 months to join so I am now thinking to apply for OPT EAD as it has shorter approval time. But is it safe to apply for OPT EAD when your I-485 EAD is already in process or would it interfere with the existing process?

Thanks

Hi,
    Yes. You can of course apply for OPT EAD, if you are eligible. But, I have a concern whether they will approve your request as F1 must not be a immigrant intent. Kindly check about this then proceed ahead.
    You have one more option too. If your project needs you and you are critical resource then you can do expedite EAD Application. Kindly go through below immihelp article to know more about expedited service request.
    USCIS recently announced these three new policy updates that can benefit noncitizens seeking adjustment of status or immigration benefits.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X