X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to India on OPT

hi,

Here is my confusion:

My husband was on F1 and I was on F2.He now is on OPT(valid for 3 years) and is working for Qualcomm in the domain that he did his masters on. He hasnt yet applied for H1 and will do so next year. We wanted to travel to India this December (while his OPT is valid) and come back but separately. My question is:
    1) Would it pose a problem if we travel to india without H1?
    2) If i come some weeks after he comes back, will it be a problem for me to enter US?

Has anyone been through this same situation where they travelled on OPT with offer letter and paystubs from a reputed company in US? Has the immigration in US airport caused any problem while returning?

Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanx,
    Priam

Originally posted by Priam View Post
    hi,

Here is my confusion:

My husband was on F1 and I was on F2.He now is on OPT(valid for 3 years) and is working for Qualcomm in the domain that he did his masters on. He hasnt yet applied for H1 and will do so next year. We wanted to travel to India this December (while his OPT is valid) and come back but separately. My question is:
    1) Would it pose a problem if we travel to india without H1?
    No problem. Both must carry I-20 with travel signature, EAD, job letter and have valid visa
    2) If i come some weeks after he comes back, will it be a problem for me to enter US?
    No problem. Carry copies of husband's documents with you.
    Has anyone been through this same situation where they travelled on OPT with offer letter and paystubs from a reputed company in US? Has the immigration in US airport caused any problem while returning?

Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanx,
    Priam
    Answers above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X