Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to expedite OPT process?

Hello All,

I just wanted to know if there is any way I can expedite the OPT process? I have a job offer in hand but haven't applied for OPT yet! Is, there any way I can can tell the Immigration Services to expedite my OPT process once I apply for it? Also, the company has asked me to provide the joining date according to the date on which I get my OPT. What date should I give, assuming I apply for OPT tomorrow?

Also, is there any way I can start working before I get my OPT card? I mean, can work I voluntarily, without getting paid? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

There is no guaranteed way to expedite. Apply for it as soon as you can. But if you have the offer letter, include it in the application, and write a short cover letter to request for the expedite process (don't write a long letter, but a brief explanation on the start date of the job and your wish, otherwise they won't read it). I recommend to use a sheet of paper in color like yellow green, yellow or sky blue for the cover letter to get more attention from the officer. Place the cover letter and job offer letter on the top of your application. Again, there is no guarantee though. Depends on the officer.

Good luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X