Forgot to send 6 month validation report during stem extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgot to send 6 month validation report during stem extension

Forgot to send 6 month validation report during 17 month(stem) extension. Just found this below rule that my school told me. Can anyone please tell me if there is anyway to fix this.

students must send a validation report to their DSO every six months starting from the date the STEM extension OPT starts and ending when the student’s F-1 status ends or the STEM extension OPT ends, whichever is first. The validation report must include the student’s:
    • Full legal name
    • SEVIS identification number (if requested by the school)
    • Current mailing and residential address
    • Name and address of the current employer
    • Employment start date for the current employer

This is your school's internal requirement. The only requirement from SEVIS point of view is that you report any change in employment status within 30 days of the change. Contact your school's DSO to get more clarification.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. DSO said they will be reporting same to SEVIS every 6 months. They said it will not affect the status but can be a problem in future. However, they didn't say what sort of problem.

Comment

Hello varmavku,

This is an old thread, but can you tell me if not validating the 6 month STEM Extension affected anything for you? I am in the same position right now.

Thanks!

Comment

Any updates

Hi guys,

Similar situation. please help? What should I do now

Thanks

Comment

Hi,Similar Situation ,does it affect the H1 lottery picking in any way

Comment

Hi there. I am also in the similar situation. I was hoping that I would get at least a reminder from somewhere but never got one. What are the consequences? Could anyone please help if they have gone through something similar? Thank you.

Comment

Are there any updates to this issue. Is there anyone who can share there experience in terms of how was this resolved

Comment

Anshumaan hello2019 viot zh24 were you able to fix it? im in the same situation. i have an appointment with my DSO tomorrow but im pretty nervous.

Comment

Had the same situation recently.
                    Submitted my first 6 month report 1 day late. Told my International Student Advisor about it - she said it's not a problem at all because she still has 2-3 weeks to submit it.
                    You can also check this link from DHS site , where it says "Deadlines for Validation Reports and Self-Evaluations" and see that DSOs have 31 days to submit it AFTER the deadline

Comment

Originally posted by optornotopt View Post
                      Anshumaan hello2019 viot zh24 were you able to fix it? im in the same situation. i have an appointment with my DSO tomorrow but im pretty nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by Stemoptcuw View Post
                        I am in similar situation. I have an appointment with my DSO in 2 days. Guys were you able to resolve this issue. Did it create any problem since then. Any advice is well appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by berber View Post
                          Had the same situation recently.
                          Submitted my first 6 month report 1 day late. Told my International Student Advisor about it - she said it's not a problem at all because she still has 2-3 weeks to submit it.
                          You can also check this link from DHS site: where it says "Deadlines for Validation Reports and Self-Evaluations" and see that DSOs have 31 days to submit it AFTER the deadline
                          Hello,

I am in similar situation. I have send after 32 days post due date. Due to which DSO is unable to validate on SEVIS portal.
                          Were you able to fix this issue. Did it create any problem since then.
                          I am very nervous. I have meeting with DSO in 2 days. Any information or suggestion is deeply appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Stemoptcuw View Post

Hello,

I am in similar situation. I have send after 32 days post due date. Due to which DSO is unable to validate on SEVIS portal.
                            Were you able to fix this issue. Did it create any problem since then.
                            I am very nervous. I have meeting with DSO in 2 days. Any information or suggestion is deeply appreciated
                            What happened in your case? Need help

Comment

If you missed sending your 6-month validation report during the STEM extension period, it may impact your immigration status. However, it's best to take immediate action to rectify the situation.
                              Here are a few things you can do: ​
                              1. Contact your designated school official (DSO) as soon as possible to explain the situation and ask for advice on how to proceed.
                              2. Submit your validation report as soon as possible. Even if you have missed the six-month deadline, it is better to submit the report late than not at all.
                              3. Include an explanation in your validation report for the late submission. Explain why you missed the deadline and assure the DSO that you understand the importance of timely reporting going forward.
                              4. Be prepared to provide any additional documentation that your DSO may request to support your case.
                              Remember, maintaining your immigration status is your responsibility as a student on a F-1 visa. If you take immediate action and follow the appropriate steps, you may be able to resolve the situation without any major consequences.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X