Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Visa required for travel to Puerto Rico

Hi,

I got into US few years ago on L1 visa. I switched the company and now I'm on H1 visa. I haven't got the visa stamped ever since as I never got out of the US. I have a valid I-94 from my current employer.

My question is, can I travel to Puerto Rico without having stamped visa of current employer or expired visa but valid I-94?

Thanks.

Puerto Rico is part of the U.S. (Commonwealth status), and passports are not stamped.

On the other hand, there is close surveillance of those returning from Puerto Rico to determine legitimate U.S. status, since PR is a "gateway" for Latin Americans travelling to the U.S., legally and otherwise.

If there is any question about the currency of your visa, you might be subject to a close review.

The same holds true for U.S. territories (U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam).

--Ray B

Originally posted by vanshaj View Post
    Hi,

I got into US few years ago on L1 visa. I switched the company and now I'm on H1 visa. I haven't got the visa stamped ever since as I never got out of the US. I have a valid I-94 from my current employer.

My question is, can I travel to Puerto Rico without having stamped visa of current employer or expired visa but valid I-94?

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X