Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travelling to India on L1B when applied for H1B (COS L1B to H1B).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling to India on L1B when applied for H1B (COS L1B to H1B).

Currently I have L1B visa valid till May 2015 and working in WA USA.My Employer applied for me H1B this year .COS L1B to H1B in normal processing.
    Still I am waiting for lottery results. However, I need to travel to India for personal work before July 2nd week. I came to know from colleagues that I should not travel when my H1B is in process.
    In case if I still want travel, can I know when I can travel with my L1B visa and should be back in USA within the date.So that it will not impact to staying in USA after that.

Originally posted by Devblr View Post
    Currently I have L1B visa valid till May 2015 and working in WA USA.My Employer applied for me H1B this year .COS L1B to H1B in normal processing.
    Still I am waiting for lottery results. However, I need to travel to India for personal work before July 2nd week. I came to know from colleagues that I should not travel when my H1B is in process.
    In case if I still want travel, can I know when I can travel with my L1B visa and should be back in USA within the date.So that it will not impact to staying in USA after that.
    The L1 or h1 forum would have been the right place to post.

Nonetheless, the answer to your question depends upon whether you/your employer want you to start working on H1 from 01-Oct-2014 or not.

If you want to automatically move to H1 from 01-Oct-2014 then you should go only after L1 to h1 Approval notice has been generated, and return before H1 start date.

What does your employer/their legal team think about your travel plans?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X