L1 B visa and India passport lost and H1 B is in process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 B visa and India passport lost and H1 B is in process

Hi - I am on L1 B blanket (valid until 2016 with stamping) with company A. This year Company B applied for H1 B, picked in litter, received RFE in May 2014. Due to medical emergency I traveled to India. Unfortunately I lost my Indian passport and received a new one. Now my current company A is applying for new (fresh petition) L1 B blanket visa and I am going to chennai consulate to attend personal interview in next 2 weeks. At the same I got to know that Company B responded to H1 B RFE on July 28 2014. Now my questions:
    (1) Will there be a problem and questions at chennai consulate considering my case I.e, attending for L1 B while H1 B process is progress?
    (2) What sort of questions will be fired to me at the consulate? Will there be a chance visa officer asking me to choose L1 B versus H1 B?
    (3) Will my current company A know about my case in case of rejection?

Please help me with your answers. Just to let you know I am fine continuing to work for my L1 B employer in the US.

Originally posted by preddy70 View Post
    Hi - I am on L1 B blanket (valid until 2016 with stamping) with company A. This year Company B applied for H1 B, picked in litter, received RFE in May 2014. Due to medical emergency I traveled to India. Unfortunately I lost my Indian passport and received a new one. Now my current company A is applying for new (fresh petition) L1 B blanket visa and I am going to chennai consulate to attend personal interview in next 2 weeks. At the same I got to know that Company B responded to H1 B RFE on July 28 2014. Now my questions:
    (1) Will there be a problem and questions at chennai consulate considering my case I.e, attending for L1 B while H1 B process is progress?
    (2) What sort of questions will be fired to me at the consulate? Will there be a chance visa officer asking me to choose L1 B versus H1 B?
    (3) Will my current company A know about my case in case of rejection?

Please help me with your answers. Just to let you know I am fine continuing to work for my L1 B employer in the US.
    1. Dont think so.
    2. Mostly around L1 specialized skill sets. Officer would most probably not ask you about L1/H1, eventually you will yourself have to choose, as one can only have a valid L1 or a valid H1 in passport. there may be some query regarding lost passport.
    3. If L1 is rejected, wouldn't you have to tell A about it?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. Dont think so.
      2. Mostly around L1 specialized skill sets. Officer would most probably not ask you about L1/H1, eventually you will yourself have to choose, as one can only have a valid L1 or a valid H1 in passport. there may be some query regarding lost passport.
      3. If L1 is rejected, wouldn't you have to tell A about it?

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks Raghvi.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X