• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Papps
    replied
    Any updates?

Originally posted by vpras View Post
    Hi,

My OPT stem extension is valid till May 2016. I have valid F1 visa till 2017. If I plan to apply H1B this year and gets picked and approved in premium processing

1) Can I travel abroad before October 1, 2015 and return in F1 status and on valid OPT?
    2) When will my H1 start after I come back to US and Is is required to go for stamping in my case if I travel abroad sometime in June 2015?
    3)If it is not picked or not approved, Can I still travel and come back keep working till May 2016 on OPT ?

Looking forward for your suggesitions
    Thanks
    Hey, I know it's an old thread but I was just wondering if you found any answer to your question. I'm in the same situation.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• vpras
    started a topic Travel with valid OPT after F1 to H1B COS approved

Travel with valid OPT after F1 to H1B COS approved

Hi,

My OPT stem extension is valid till May 2016. I have valid F1 visa till 2017. If I plan to apply H1B this year and gets picked and approved in premium processing

1) Can I travel abroad before October 1, 2015 and return in F1 status and on valid OPT?
    2) When will my H1 start after I come back to US and Is is required to go for stamping in my case if I travel abroad sometime in June 2015?
    3)If it is not picked or not approved, Can I still travel and come back keep working till May 2016 on OPT ?

Looking forward for your suggesitions
    Thanks
Working...
X