No announcement yet.

Expedited/advanced parole experiences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expedited/advanced parole experiences?

I filed my I-485, I-130 and I-131 on June.2nd (by filed I mean mailed), they received it all on the 4th, I phoned in to request they expedite my AP about 7 days later and was told I cant until I have the receipt number, which funny enough I got about an hour later in the mail. Tried an INFOPASS appointment out of sheer desperation but as I assumed I do not qualify for an emergency expedite. So I phoned in and requested a humanitarian expedite and they said I should hear back from someone in 5 days. I haven't heard back from anyone directly but on their website under case history it says the review has been completed, that it was given to an officer and that a response to my request has been sent.

In anyones experience does this likely mean a denial? Wouldn't it say approved on their website if it had in fact been approved? Has anyone been in this situation, and what was the outcome? Denial, request for more proof, or possibly an approval?

Any information would be greatly appreciated

It may work out differently for you, but I would not expect a Advance Parole until the Biometrics has been completed and processed (sent for law enforcement database check).

Your basis for requesting a humanitarian expedite for your Advance Parole may have been suitably compelling, but USCIS attitude towards such requests is usually that you shouldn't be asking for a special accommodation so early in your processing, almost immediately after you arrive in the U.S.

--Ray B

Originally posted by JessSchaef View Post
    I filed my I-485, I-130 and I-131 on June.2nd (by filed I mean mailed), they received it all on the 4th, I phoned in to request they expedite my AP about 7 days later and was told I cant until I have the receipt number, which funny enough I got about an hour later in the mail. Tried an INFOPASS appointment out of sheer desperation but as I assumed I do not qualify for an emergency expedite. So I phoned in and requested a humanitarian expedite and they said I should hear back from someone in 5 days. I haven't heard back from anyone directly but on their website under case history it says the review has been completed, that it was given to an officer and that a response to my request has been sent.

In anyones experience does this likely mean a denial? Wouldn't it say approved on their website if it had in fact been approved? Has anyone been in this situation, and what was the outcome? Denial, request for more proof, or possibly an approval?

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      It may work out differently for you, but I would not expect a Advance Parole until the Biometrics has been completed and processed (sent for law enforcement database check).

Your basis for requesting a humanitarian expedite for your Advance Parole may have been suitably compelling, but USCIS attitude towards such requests is usually that you shouldn't be asking for a special accommodation so early in your processing, almost immediately after you arrive in the U.S.

--Ray B
      Thanks for the response! I've actually been in the states for 6 months now, we couldn't afford to file till June, and I was also doing the paperwork by ourselves instead of paying for an immigration lawyer so getting everything sorted and making sure we had everything we needed took awhile. As far as I understand the biometrics are not required for an Advanced Parole, the reason is seems to be is because it IS required for the work permit, and they usually come together when applied for at the same time. I did not apply for a work permit as we didn't have that extra money at the time of filing and I'm a SAHM anyways. As far as I understand it the waiting time for an Advanced Parole is about 2-3 months, and it's almost been a full month since they received and processed my applications, and I requested an Expedite on the actual application it self, so they have known since they received it. They have also set up expediting process to help people in very tight situations like I happen to be in, so I don't feel like I'm requesting "special accommodations", just trying to utilize a service they provide for people who qualify. Thanks for your input, hopefully I will hear from them soon, I was just looking for personal stories from others who have been in the same situation

Comment

The Work Authorization (and Advance Parole) were included in your I-485 $1,070 fee.

You might very well receive expedited assistance with your Advance Parole request, but I haven't heard of Advance Parole given expedited attention during an Adjustment procedure.

--Ray B

Thanks for the response! I've actually been in the states for 6 months now, we couldn't afford to file till June, and I was also doing the paperwork by ourselves instead of paying for an immigration lawyer so getting everything sorted and making sure we had everything we needed took awhile. As far as I understand the biometrics are not required for an Advanced Parole, the reason is seems to be is because it IS required for the work permit, and they usually come together when applied for at the same time. I did not apply for a work permit as we didn't have that extra money at the time of filing and I'm a SAHM anyways. As far as I understand it the waiting time for an Advanced Parole is about 2-3 months, and it's almost been a full month since they received and processed my applications, and I requested an Expedite on the actual application it self, so they have known since they received it. They have also set up expediting process to help people in very tight situations like I happen to be in, so I don't feel like I'm requesting "special accommodations", just trying to utilize a service they provide for people who qualify. Thanks for your input, hopefully I will hear from them soon, I was just looking for personal stories from others who have been in the same situation

Comment

The Work Authorization (and Advance Parole) were included in your I-485 $1,070 fee.

You might very well receive expedited assistance with your Advance Parole request, but I haven't heard of Advance Parole given expedited attention during an Adjustment procedure.

--Ray B
          One of the disadvantages of not knowing what your doing and not having the money for a lawyer lol. As far as we could tell the work permit wasn't included, and it wasn't a huge concern as the plan was for me to stay home and take care of the kids. We are finding out now that I could have gotten my SSN with the work permit >.< but you live and you learn, thanks for the input.

Comment

Hiring an attorney to assist with basic procedure application is no guarantee that all your bases are covered. I've talked to a couple of people in just the last two weeks who were told by immigration attorneys that a K3 visa would be available as an alternative to standard spousal immigrant procedure (not true). Also, most immigration attorneys' knowledge of specific Embassy protocols is very limited.

The best advice one can receive is to read the individual form instructions before submitting forms.

--Ray B
            One of the disadvantages of not knowing what your doing and not having the money for a lawyer lol. As far as we could tell the work permit wasn't included, and it wasn't a huge concern as the plan was for me to stay home and take care of the kids. We are finding out now that I could have gotten my SSN with the work permit >.< but you live and you learn, thanks for the input.

Comment

Hiring an attorney to assist with basic procedure application is no guarantee that all your bases are covered. I've talked to a couple of people in just the last two weeks who were told by immigration attorneys that a K3 visa would be available as an alternative to standard spousal immigrant procedure (not true). Also, most immigration attorneys' knowledge of specific Embassy protocols is very limited.

The best advice one can receive is to read the individual form instructions before submitting forms.

--Ray B
              We read the I-765, we couldn't find anything any where that said it was covered under your I-485 fee

Comment

You are not reading in the right place. You can still apply for an EAD, using the form I-765, and including a copy of the receipt Notice of Action for your I-485 submital.

--Ray B

We read the I-765, we couldn't find anything any where that said it was covered under your I-485 fee

Comment

You are not reading in the right place. You can still apply for an EAD, using the form I-765, and including a copy of the receipt Notice of Action for your I-485 submital.

--Ray B

I had the same issue I thought the I had to pay for both the Advance Parole and an EAD thank God I came to this site and start to read and met a few friends who guide me through the process... I hope you get through with the Advance Parole

Comment

Expedited/advanced parole experiences?

May i ask your reason for Advance Parole? My husband is about to do his interview in a few weeks in Jamaica, he has a warrant since 1993 for a narcotic violation which is a misdemeanor but still a felony charge. We have American born children, will they deny him entry? We also have a criminal lawyer. I asked for expedite and was granted. I am worried he was denied when he went to renew his visa in 2009 and the said I should petition for him. Help!

Comment

Originally posted by blenny706 View Post
                      May i ask your reason for Advance Parole? My husband is about to do his interview in a few weeks in Jamaica, he has a warrant since 1993 for a narcotic violation which is a misdemeanor but still a felony charge. We have American born children, will they deny him entry? We also have a criminal lawyer. I asked for expedite and was granted. I am worried he was denied when he went to renew his visa in 2009 and the said I should petition for him. Help!
                      How long did it took you to get the Advance Parole?

Comment

--Ray B
                        Thanks so much, this would be amazing! We can't properly do our taxs till I have my SSN, and getting the EAD would give me my SSN. reliving to know we still don't have to pay. Is there a dead line? How much time can pass inbetween filing the 485 and thens ending in the ead paperwork?

Comment

Just an update, I received a letter asking for more evidence, s I will be sending in what I have and hoping for the best!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X