X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jitendra Biket
    replied
    Originally posted by Jot18 View Post
    Regardless of the duration of the valid visa, the maximum duration of stay in India is limited to 6 months (180 days) on each visit.

Extension of stay is not granted on tourist visas and it can not be converted into any other visa.

Source: /india-tourist-visa/
    If you want to extend your I-94 date or extend US visa stay in the United States, you must file a request with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on the Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Non-immigrant Status before your authorized stay expires. If you remain in the United States longer than authorized, you may be barred from returning and/or you may be removed (deported) from the United States. Check the date in the lower right-hand corner of your Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record, to determine the date your authorized stay expires. USCIS recommends that you apply to extend your stay at least 45 days before your authorized stay expires.
    You may apply to extend your stay if:

You have a valid legitimate reason to request for visa extension, under the visa category.
    You were lawfully admitted into the United States with a non-immigrant visa
    Your non-immigrant US visa status remained valid
    You have not committed any crimes that make you ineligible for a visa
    You have not violated the conditions of your admission to USA
    Your passport is valid and will remain valid for the duration of your stay.
    You have definite plans to leave US at the end of the proposed visa extension period.
    Proper evidence for financial support is provided.
    - Jitendra Biket

Leave a comment:

• Jot18
    replied
    Originally posted by a traveller in india View Post
    Hello,
    I am planning to stay in India for recreational purposes for a period longer than 6 months.
    After the travel visa granted in my country expires, what is the best way to prolong/ issue a new visa? By which institution? Is this possible in India or would I have to go abroad and then reenter India when the new visa is issued?
    Regardless of the duration of the valid visa, the maximum duration of stay in India is limited to 6 months (180 days) on each visit.

Extension of stay is not granted on tourist visas and it can not be converted into any other visa.

Source: /india-tourist-visa/

Leave a comment:

• a traveller in india
    started a topic tourist visa extension

tourist visa extension

Hello,
    I am planning to stay in India for recreational purposes for a period longer than 6 months.
    After the travel visa granted in my country expires, what is the best way to prolong/ issue a new visa? By which institution? Is this possible in India or would I have to go abroad and then reenter India when the new visa is issued?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X