No announcement yet.

Taxi Service from the CSI Airport in India is notorious, even they are prepaid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taxi Service from the CSI Airport in India is notorious, even they are prepaid

My wife and I returned from an arduous trip last night. Since Uber taxis were unavailable, we were left with the alternative of prepaid taxis. Once you are out of the terminal building, prepaid taxis are your only option. I paid for a non-AC taxi to Kandivali east, within 15 kilometers of the airport. As we approached our home, the driver arbitrarily said that I would be charged an additional fare; and we were still well within Kandivali East (which was our destination). When I refused, he became combative and started hurling abuses at me - he was this short, bald aging man but had the choicest vocabulary of expletives when he saw that I was unwavering in my posture - of not paying extra. It was providence that there were some auto drivers in the vicinity, who came to my rescue. When I waved the receipt at the driver, he quickly retreated and flet, not before my wife had the presence of mind to unload our bag (1 piece) from the hood of the car.
    Supporting Information:
    LOcationL T@
    Behicle Registration Number: MH03F6084
    Destination: Kandivali East
    Booking Reference Number: B201604142770
    Issue date and time: 11-Apr-2016; 11:28:33 pm
    Total paid at the counter: INR 390
    I fully intend to write to the Regional Transport Office in Mumbai but I thought it would be good to share with the general public so as to share the perils of taxi rides in Mumbai

Sorry this happened

Well I am not a fan of App based companies as they policies to to just dump desil cars all over India as compare to prepaid taxi which own taxi and hire drivers. But I still know that city cabs sector has been quite tough as government isn't doing much to improve. But wasn't prepaid taxi like Meru or Easycabs weren't available?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X