Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic Revalidation of Visa for Travel to Mexico

Hi,

I am planning to travel for a week to Mexico for leisure.My current visa stamping on my passport has expired as on 30th Sept 2015. My H1 B extension is approved and my new I-797 is valid till 30th June 2017. My new I-94 issued is also valid until the same date.

I understand that for a person with H1-B visa there is no need for a visa to travel to Mexico.

I checked the USCIS rule on Automatic Revalidation of Visa for Contiguous Territory : https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...orary-visitors

As per the rule, I can travel to Mexico with an expired visa on my passport while carrying the new I-797 and I 94 docs and I will be able to reenter US without going through a visa stamping process.

Can you pls confirm the above and let me know if I can plan the travel?

If I do travel, let me know if there are any additional documents that I need to carry with me since I would be traveling by air.

Originally posted by zeus7 View Post
    Hi,

I am planning to travel for a week to Mexico for leisure.My current visa stamping on my passport has expired as on 30th Sept 2015. My H1 B extension is approved and my new I-797 is valid till 30th June 2017. My new I-94 issued is also valid until the same date.

I understand that for a person with H1-B visa there is no need for a visa to travel to Mexico.

I checked the USCIS rule on Automatic Revalidation of Visa for Contiguous Territory : https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...orary-visitors

As per the rule, I can travel to Mexico with an expired visa on my passport while carrying the new I-797 and I 94 docs and I will be able to reenter US without going through a visa stamping process.

Can you pls confirm the above and let me know if I can plan the travel?

If I do travel, let me know if there are any additional documents that I need to carry with me since I would be traveling by air.
    Hi zeus7,

I am wondering if you were able to make ur Mexico travel given your situation. I am on the same boat and will appreciate your comments how did it went.

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X