Travel to India on PIO - August departure and September Return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to India on PIO - August departure and September Return

Owing to an urgent situation, my family has to go to India ... we are all on PIO. The trip is from August 3rd to September. One of my family member (after hours of trying) was able to reach the Chicago consulate office and they said that you can travel till Dec 2016.

I just want to be very sure about this ... hence wanted to find out if anyone had first hand experience / information!

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by suharsh View Post
    Owing to an urgent situation, my family has to go to India ... we are all on PIO. The trip is from August 3rd to September. One of my family member (after hours of trying) was able to reach the Chicago consulate office and they said that you can travel till Dec 2016.

I just want to be very sure about this ... hence wanted to find out if anyone had first hand experience / information!

Thanks in advance.
    This is what I found on Cox and Kings sitehttps://www.in.ckgs.us/faq. So I guess I should be fine.

Q71. Now since the PIO card scheme is canceled and I already have a PIO card, can I travel on the same?
    Yes, you can. All PIO cards issued till 09 January 2015 are deemed to be OCI Cards. However, it is highly recommended that you apply for an OCI, click here for more details www.in.ckgs.us/oci. 31st December 2016 will be the last day to apply for OCI card in lieu of PIO card.

Comment

Originally posted by suharsh View Post

Thanks in advance.
      One of my friend and his family traveled to India in June 2016 and had no issues at Indian immigration counter. They got entry into India without any issue. They only had their PIO cards with them. They did not have OCI or any proof/receipt that they had applied for OCI. Unfortunately all Indian consulates are pathetic at providing information and they very frequently contradict each other.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X