No announcement yet.

Flying to Hawaii while waiting for change in status and living inside the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying to Hawaii while waiting for change in status and living inside the USA

Hi everyone,

I need to know if my wife, living with me in the USA, can fly with me to Hawaii while she's waiting for her change in status to permanent resident? Her visitors visa has expired, but she does have a 10 year US visa and a current Philippines passport. Can she air travel inside the USA?

Thanks!!

First of all, there are no immigration controls between the mainland and Hawaii. Secondly, if for some reason she was detained, it is USCIS & ICE policy not to proceed with removal proceedings against someone with a pending application for Adjustment of Status if the sole ground of removability is lack of status

Comment

Originally posted by rpbfinancial View Post
      Hi everyone,

I need to know if my wife, living with me in the USA, can fly with me to Hawaii while she's waiting for her change in status to permanent resident? Her visitors visa has expired, but she does have a 10 year US visa and a current Philippines passport. Can she air travel inside the USA?

Thanks!!
      She should bring her I-485 receipt with her just in case.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
        First of all, there are no immigration controls between the mainland and Hawaii. Secondly, if for some reason she was detained, it is USCIS & ICE policy not to proceed with removal proceedings against someone with a pending application for Adjustment of Status if the sole ground of removability is lack of status
        Thanks! That's helpful!!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by newacct View Post
        She should bring her I-485 receipt with her just in case.

Good idea, thanks!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X