Traveling domestic with expired I-94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling domestic with expired I-94

Hi I want to fly to San Diego with my husband but I am not sure if I can do it without getting in trouble. I have valid passport which is from my understanding sufficient to any TSA control. But San Diego is close to the border where are immigration officer as well. My I-94expired in July last year, we got married 3months after that and filed my green card paperwork this January. I just received I 797C form saying that the application was accepted.. does it mean that my status was changed and I will be safe if questioned by any officer at the airport or do I need to wait for some other documents?? We don?t want to risk any troubles and are not sure if my expired I-94 would be a problem, thank you for your help

Originally posted by Klara View Post
    Hi I want to fly to San Diego with my husband but I am not sure if I can do it without getting in trouble. I have valid passport which is from my understanding sufficient to any TSA control. But San Diego is close to the border where are immigration officer as well. My I-94expired in July last year, we got married 3months after that and filed my green card paperwork this January. I just received I 797C form saying that the application was accepted.. does it mean that my status was changed and I will be safe if questioned by any officer at the airport or do I need to wait for some other documents?? We don?t want to risk any troubles and are not sure if my expired I-94 would be a problem, thank you for your help
    Bring your I-485 receipt and there shouldn't be any problems.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X