Clear All

• Maryjohn0192
    replied
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• newacct
    replied
    Originally posted by SSAN View Post
    I am an Indian citizen. At present I am in US with my wife & kids. My kids are born in US and we are opting for an Indian passport for them, as we will be moving back permanently in couple of years. (We don't want to apply for US passport + OCI)

During our stay in US, we will be frequently visiting India. So my question is, as the kids will have an Indian passport, how will they enter US with us? Do I need to apply for a certain visa or the Indian passport with US birth certificate is enough?
    It will be hard for them to re-enter the US without a US passport if they leave. As US citizens, they cannot get US visas. The only document they can get that will convince airlines to let them board on a flight to the US is a US passport. An alternative would be to fly to Canada or Mexico (getting the appropriate visa on the Indian passport) and enter the US by land, which they can do with just a US birth certificate, but of course that is a hassle.

Leave a comment:

• SSAN
    started a topic US Travel - For US born kids with Indian Passport

US Travel - For US born kids with Indian Passport

I am an Indian citizen. At present I am in US with my wife & kids. My kids are born in US and we are opting for an Indian passport for them, as we will be moving back permanently in couple of years. (We don't want to apply for US passport + OCI)

During our stay in US, we will be frequently visiting India. So my question is, as the kids will have an Indian passport, how will they enter US with us? Do I need to apply for a certain visa or the Indian passport with US birth certificate is enough?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X