No announcement yet.

Travel after H-1b approval notice only and return on OPT without affecting H-1b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel after H-1b approval notice only and return on OPT without affecting H-1b

Approval notice sent on April 19th, MS general quota normal processing H-1b filed on April 09th. Approval notice seen on USCIS.org using my WAC number on April 19th.

I have to travel India on May 01 and return on May11 to India on F-1 OPT without stamping and come back without affecting my H-1b applicationa at all? I HAVE to come back to submit my thesis corrections in order to get a degree completion certificate or diploma required for H-1b stamping. I want to come using a valid passport, OPT card, OPT I-20 and offer letter, but I have my H-1b approved only today.

PLEASE HELP ME ASAP AS I DONT WANT TO JEOPARDIZE MY H-1B OR MY DEGREE.

Regards
    Krishna

I hope you have not left US on OPT. OPT card states that " Not valid for re-entry" clearly means you cannot re-enter on OPT. However, you can get H1B visa stamped in India. But you cannot enter US until late september since you can only start working from 1st Oct ( if thats what you requested during H1B application).

Hope this info helps.

Comment

I know you have to be a little lucky like me where the security personnel did not ask any questions at all... rather, I would have had to show him the following:

(1) OPT card with H1-b start date much before I return
      (2) Letter showing job resume or at least a job offer letter.
      (3) Letter from your Office of International Programs showing that there is an important reason to leave and from the graduate school that you have registered (if you really are) with the university will also be good.

Also see murhty.com for more information on this regards.

Regards
      Krishna

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X