Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baggage restrictions. Which airlines to conform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baggage restrictions. Which airlines to conform?

I have a travel reservation/itinerary to fly from DEN to Bangalore but flying on two different airlines. The entire flight from DEN-BLR is made with one single reservation:
    Departing DEN to LAX on United airlines.
    From LAX to BLR it will be Singapore Airlines.

United and Singapore airlines each have a different policy (size and weight) for checked-in bags.

My bags size and weight will be within United airlines allowances.
    If I am checking in my bags with United at DEN all the way to BLR, will I be charged any penalties by Singapore airlines if my bags does not conform(adhere) to the Singapore airlines baggage restrictions?

Any clarifications, and replies preferably from actual experiences would be appreciated.

Agents with Singapore airlines have not been very helpful in answering this question.

Thanks in advance
    smallika

If the transport is ...

... direct, that is, if your bags are going through and through to your final destination, then you follow the rules of the first or the primary airline.

Else, I believe that the current standards for most airlines is 50 pounds or 23 kgs per checked in bag.

Your travel agent also should be able to help you out.

If you have serious doubts and don't want any issue whatsoever anywhere, then follow the lesser of the two and you'll be fine.

Good luck and enjoy your flight.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X