Urgent I-94 question- Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent I-94 question- Please help!

Hello Senior Members, I need your guidance urgently. I would truly appreciate your help and guidance.

• I came to USA on F-1 and was issued I-94 (say AAA) in 2005 and returned it when I went to India in 2007
    • When I returned, was issued a new I-94 (BBB). Also, I changed my status from F-1 to H-1 that year and also got a new I-94 (the same number as the previous one, BBB) along with I-797A. When I left the USA in November 2007, I returned I-94 white card (BBB) but didn’t return I-94 (BBB) attached with I-797A.
    • When I re-enter in the USA, I was issued a new I-94 (CCC). Earlier this year I changed my employer and got new I-94 (CCC) along with my I-797A.

I was wondering is it a problem since I didn’t return I-94 attached with I-797 in 2007 but only returned I-94 white card which had the same # though?

It is advised that one return all I-94s. As they contain the same #, in your case, the associated departure record will be closed but to be safe, don't do that. Always return all the I-94s.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks a lot txh1b. One more time you gave me your precious comment. Do you think I need to do anything with that I-94 (which didn't submit and came with old I-797A) ? Also, I am planning to go to India this July, I am assuming I should submit two I-94s this time (white card and I-94 which came along with I-797A both have same number),.. right? Thanks and regards!

Comment

If you wish, follow the I-94 return procedure to ACS in London KY. It is not needed. The I-94 from I797 should be stapled to the white I-94 from POE. It is written on the I797 as well.

Information about returning old I-94 is available on immihelp but in your case, it is not needed.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks a lot! Have a great weekend!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X